“Amazing Sunday roasts! ”
Review of The Rising Sun Pub

The Rising Sun Pub
Ranked #2 of 181 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I'm so happy that the Rising Sun is now serving Sunday roasts throughout the day and into the evening!

Having visited on a couple of occasions at different times of day, I can say it is still delicious. Beautiful tender meats and perfect roast potatoes. Served with honey roast parsnips, a lovely side selection of fresh seasonal veg, swede and braised red cabbage and mornay sauce. Oh, and most importantly a massive Yorkshire pudding with the beef!

The full menu here is also amazing and the staff are always brilliant and very attentive! Will be back soon, thank you!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We went to this pub after seeing the TA reviews and all I can say is everything good that has already been said we would echo...lovely food, lashings of veg in the Sunday roast, the 8 hour lamb cooked in the oven was melt in the mouth and the sticky toffee pud was hands down the best I've tasted and there have been many contenders lol...we loved this wee pub and just wish we had another Sunday of our holiday to return for a repeat visit, until next time.....

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Four of us visited yesterday for Sunday lunch. Never been before, not been recommended , we just went on a whim. From the outside you'd think it was small local boozer.....inside it's gorgeous. A warm welcome, a comfortable lounge to sit in, good service and great food. It's like a tardis....much bigger than expected and beautifully decorated. And a huge tick in the box for me is a kitchen that you can see into. Clean, clearly well organised and chefs working with no drama. The staff were lovely, friendly, attentive and happy to have a laugh. How have I never found this pub before? Thank goodness I've found it now.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Went with my family including 2 children for a birthday meal. All meals were very good, with friendly and attentive staff. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We’re looking for a meal before the cinema. Heard about this place, so glad we went in......couldn’t sit in the restaurant area as they well busy....no problem for us.

Food was very good, my starter was Cornish Camembert....very nice, followed by Cornish steak...good very well and came out with plenty of salad and chunky chips....

Partner had mackerel on a prawn risotto...very well presented and was enjoyed....his main mackerel (again!) served with potato ecrase, samphire and cucumber with beurre blanc....again enjoyed.

No time for dessert, we have however booked for Sunday lunch..

Staff were all friendly and welcoming.