“Dog friendly”

Ranked #40 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This is a busy city centre pub with a vibrant atmosphere and a fantastic selection of beer and wines. Wonderful food is served from 12noon - 9pm every day.This fantastic city centre pub is complemented by a pleasant beer garden and beautiful conservatory. Delicious Carvery on Sunday lunchtime. Children are welcome with a separate children's menu available. well behaved dogs are welcome, they even have a treat jar for your pampered pooches.
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Very welcoming and friendly staff who brought the dogs water and biscuits.

Had a lovely seafood salad and my husband had fish and chips. Both of which were super.

Sat in the garden with a very reasonably priced bottle of wine.

A great lunch.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped by lunch and would recommend the Tapas menu
3 for £15 sheared between 2 was more than enough

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I have visited the pub many times with my partner, friends and family. Lovely welcoming staff with a relaxed feel. The food is great and the drinks are reasonably priced. Always enjoy a visit here!

Ellie P, Owner at William IV, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I have been in here lunch a couple of times when on a shopping day with my Mum and daughter. Each time we have managed to find a table, with space for the pram and a highchair - not something that is easy. The food has always been lovely and we have never been disappointed with anything we have chosen. A firm favourite for lunch whilst on a shopping day.

Ellie P, Owner at William IV, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely review. we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I stopped at this pub after a long day of shopping.
I was tired and hungry. The barmaid told me to sit anywhere.

I sat and observed three staff that completely ignored me but served people coming to the bar for drinks.

I picked up my packages to leave then the one who initially told me to sit anywhere came to the table and took my order.

I had the potato and leek soup which was delicious and flavorful.

I asked for a container for the salad, she bought it back in foil, I was not impressed and left it on the table.

I gave a large tip in spite of the bad service. I'm hoping management will take these reviews seriously and have their staff trained in customer service.

Ellie P, Owner at William IV, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. I feel I should point out the we do not offer table service. We do state this on the menu and there is a sign as you walk in the door that food orders should be placed at the bar. I would suggest that the staff did not ignore you they merely left you to ponder the menu and come to the bar in your own time to order. If the waitress served you at the table as you say then she would have gone out of her way to do that. Unfortunately we do not offer a take away service and so do not stock any take away containers. Again the waitress would have gone out of her way to wrap your salad garnish in foil for you to take away. On a positive note I am pleased to read you enjoyed the food.