“Good Old Pub”

Ranked #36 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Old Ale House is a proper Cornish pub in the heart of Truro & is the Brewery Tap for Skinner's Brewery. Great local ciders also available. Sample the ales and ciders with our tasting trays. Live music every Saturday with the best of Cornish talent, also Jam night every Monday. Monkey nuts still very much an essential part of the Bar!
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Called in for drinks after dinner on a Friday night. Busy but relaxed, plenty of ales and drinks on offer, including craft beers. Hadnt anticipated the peanut shells covering the floor, but all added to the experience. Service ok and an enjoyable few drinks.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This place has been tweaked and touched up over time but never has it been changed. There are adverts from the 1980s inside and yet it isn’t in any way shabby. The beer quality is simply stunning. I’ve never seen such clear pints. The latest staff are simply the current custodians of the premises. Long live the Ale House!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my husband were staying at the alverton and asked which bars were best to go to and he suggested this pub so we decided to take a walk and popped in for a drink
.it's quite a quriky pub and you can help yourselves to as many monkey nuts as you wanted.. Prices were ok and atmosphere was good too

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Superb selection of local ales. Well priced. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. 10/10. Serve Betty Stogs one of my favourite ales. Did not eat so no idea about food.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I wanted to buy a homeless guy a drink and a sit in the warm while I just went to buy him some new clothes when the Landlord said he wouldn't serve me. When I asked why he just said "I don't have to tell you!". He then smirked when I said I wouldn't be patronising them in the future. He now says on my complaint on his page that my first words were 'We don't want to cause trouble" which is an absolute lie. A really vile Landlord with a really vile attitude!

2  Thank Lisa E