“Food”
Review of The County Arms

The County Arms
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Truro
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my nan visited The County Arms for lunch the food taste delicious and also had pudding that was also lovely very good size meals definitely do go away still hungry, the staff were very friendly and happy I will defiantly visit again.

Stayed: September 2017
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for you 5* review, it is always pleasing to read such positive feedback regarding all aspects of your visit. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel was easy to find, with ample parking.Great staff, very friendly and accommodating, excellent room service, quick and the fish and chips was outstanding. Room abd bathroom were lovely. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for you 5* review, it is always pleasing to read such positive feedback regarding all aspects of your stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I booked late for the August Bank Holiday as wanted to make the best of good forecast and visit family.
I was not disappointed with my stay at the County Arms.
It works for all visitors - families, couples and solo travellers.
The rooms are comfortable, very clean and a lot of thought has gone into the facilities provided within them.
E.G. The kettle is not a mile from the socket required to boil water in it/mirrors at a sensible height and the lighting works!
My one bug bear would be that the smoking terrace is below the non smoking area - so where does all the smoke go? Up! Poor design in that respect.

Room Tip: Pick room at back and take earplugs. The countryside is NOISY from all sorts of sources. My flat in...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I took my elderly mother to stay at the county Arms Inn for a 4 day break. My mother has very poor mobility so I contacted the venue prior to booking to ensure they could cater for my mothers needs. I was assured that our room would be appropriate and we were thrilled to find that we had been booked in to a lovely spacious ground floor room with a wet room and it was located very close to reception. All areas of the hotel were easily accessible and there was ample space in the car park. Breakfast was freshly prepared with a good choice and the meals in the bar were lovely and fresh with a good choice. The bar service was also fab and the staff throughout the hotel were friendly and welcoming. The receptionist Katrina was especially attentive, friendly and chatty and she had a genuine regard for our well being. She always had time to chat and check all was well. The location of the hotel was fab and provided a good base to explore many parts of Cornwall. There was lots of tourist information in the reception area. We loved our stay and I will definitely return in the future. A fab place which is real value for money!!!

StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay at The County Arms. The team and I work extremely hard to ensure that all our guests receive first class service at all times, so it is always nice to have that feedback from our guests. I will pass on your comments to our team & especially Karina.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Our first impression was not favourable as the County Arms is right alongside the main road and road works were in place.......however, once you entered it was like walking into a different world. Quiet, clean extremely spacious room with fabulous countryside views. The Welcome Pack included all sorts of teas, Green, Lemon, Berry and Earl Grey, coffee and hot chocolate with some scrummy local biscuits.
The bed was so wide that I almost needed a sat nav to locate my partner and so well sprung it did not move an inch when one or the other of us moved.
The only very slight moan I would have was the uncomfortable rattan chairs. I don't like lying on the bed to watch television but half an hour of sitting on those chairs gave us no choice.
Dinner was taken in the bar area downstairs - rather noisy due to a couple of parties going on - but the staff were very helpful and efficient. You self order food and drink from the bar. I ordered the Sausage & Mash but requested no onion rings - service was swift and almost as soon as I picked up my cutlery a waiter noted the lack of onion rings and apologised for the oversight and went to take my plate. Evidence of a very efficient and on the ball staff.
We also ate breakfast - a buffet affair which is never our favourite set up as food dries and so it proved with rubber eggs but the rest was very nice and there was a wide choice of cereal and preserves.
All in all - a very pleasant stay and a place to which we would happily return......totting cushions for those uncomfortable chairs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truro
2.2 km away
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
17 km away
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa

Been to The County Arms? Share your experiences!