“Pleasantly surprised”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Didn't really want to eat indian originally, as my other half is not so keen on indian, and have two fussy children too, but as we didn't want to look for hours in an area we didn't know at all, we popped in by pure chance.
This place more than exceeded our expectations. Ordered the usual indian dishes we normally eat, like bombay potatoes, tikka masala, naan bread etc, and they were so different from what we got used to! The taste was different, but yummy. Portions were more than ample, and plates went back empty! We also loved the athmosphere that tables were not too close together (Or definitely not where we were seated) and staff didn't ask us all the time if everything is ok, like in other indian restaurants we have been to before, which we can't stand.
Prices were great too,good value for money, as we normally can't afford to pay a lot for a meal for 4, so was within our budget.
There is a big car park nearby too, which is always a must have when going out and need to park somewhere.
I know there are mixed reviews here about this place, but for us is 5 star. We would come back any time.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We came for a meal on the off chance. There is a good weekday meal deal two courses with naan or rice for £17. The food is fresh and well prepared and very nice. It wasn't a fantastic atmosphere but it was pleasant.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were in Truro for holiday from the States. We are avid fans of Indian cuisine and one of the things we were looking forward to on this trip was authentic Indian food that you just can find in the States. This placed exceeded our expectations. We marveled afterwards that it was the best food we had while in England. The garlic naan is to die for. I wish we had gotten more because I really was sad to have to share it! I had the Dupiaza and my husband tried the Balti. Both dishes were absolutely delicious with the perfect amount of heat. The service was great and we chatted with the super friendly owner on our way out. We debated getting dinner there the second night of our stay because we enjoyed it so much. I can only hope the owners will franchise and open a restaurant on the other side of the pond. You've ruined me for any other Indian food out there.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We ate here over the Easter weekend and had great food friendly service and there is a number of celebrities ambience andto the restaurant. Will happily go back again when next in Truro.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Naan to die for - usual cast of Indian dishes all cooked proficiently but service was speedy and friendly.