1,108 results
All reviews alverton manor beautiful hotel courtyard room bridal suite wedding planner restaurant manager main building old building waiting staff lovely grounds huge bed city centre high standard stayed for one night lovely room no lift full english
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic day at my nieces wedding today. Everything about it was faultless. The three course meal was beautiful and very tasty. The service was lovely, the Chapel beautifully decorated. The staff were very attentive at each step of the day. I can't praise the hotel and its staff enough.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TheAlvertonHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Cheryl R,

Wow! Thank you for your fantastic five star review.

Weddings at The Alverton are beautiful, unique and The Great Hall creates the perfect atmosphere to celebrate such a special day. I'm pleased to hear this was combined with attentive staff and a tasty three course dinner.

I will pass your kind comments onto the whole team and they will be delighted to read this.

I hope to welcome you again.

With best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Alverton looks like it could be a very nice boutique hotel, the front certainly has a WOW factor which quickly disputes when you start to walk up the stars and the carpet is cheap chord that i’d not seen since I was a student.

The receptionist was pleasant, but quickly informed me that any chance a some warm food had gone because i’d arrived a few minutes after 9:00. Whilst I understand the chef is unlikely to want to take more orders in the restaurant, knocking up burger isn’t that much more difficult than another cold sandwich,

The bed mattress felt like it was a hundred years old, so soft without a pillow your feet would be above your head. The room was clean but cluttered, it took me 5 minutes to make space to put my laptop on the desk. The shower in room 32 was pointless, it took me 5 minutes to get the shower head pointing in the right direction and the 10 minutes to clear up the water that had leaked all over the floor.

The old guy at Breakfast appeared to want a fight, I politely explained to him i’d got a taxi booked for 8:00 and therefore wondered how long it would take. Rather stroppily he told me that I’d have to wait my turn. I selected the Cornish Breakfast and coffee. The brakfast was nothing special and whilst I’d not managed to eat anything other than a cold sandwich for lunch the day before one rasher, one sausage, one poached egg, one half of tomato and a lack of love wasn’t enough.

When i’m Back in Truro will I stay at the Alverton Manor? Will my team? Definitely NOT.

Room tip: Not sure there will be any.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PhilKirkham

Dear PhilKirkham,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Alverton.

Naturally, I'm very disappointed to understand you had some issues during your stay.
We serve dinner in the restaurant until 9pm, following this we have a smaller menu served throughout the night. Our chefs are very happy to cook past this time if the ovens are still on and they are still present. I can only apologise that reception did not, on this occasion, phone through to check with the kitchen.

Following your review we have looked into all of your points raised regarding your room and ensured a new mattress is ordered and the shower is fixed. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

We are continually praised for our delicious breakfasts and excellent customer service so I'm obviously shocked and disappointed to read your comments. The Hotel manager has been investigating all of your feedback with the help of the management team and I also understand he has been in direct contact with you.

I do hope you will return again and please don't hesitate to contact us if we can help you with anything further.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for three nights whilst visiting family in the vicinity. From the moment of arrival, with a warm welcome from the reception team, the stay could not have been better. The room in the ‘Courtyard’ was superbly equipped and very comfortable (including a ‘proper’ coffee maker) with a capacious bath in which a lengthy soak was almost compulsory!

The bar had knowledgeable staff and breakfast is always worth looking forward to.

All in all, The Alverton feels like a home away from home and somewhere to which I always look forward to returning.

Dear David H,

Thank you for your fantastic five star review.

It's always great to hear from a returning guest and thank you for your lovely words regarding your recent three night stay.
The Courtyard is beautiful and it's wonderful to hear you found your room superbly equipped and liked the 'proper' coffee maker!

The Alverton breakfasts are the best way to begin a day so I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

I will pass your kind comments onto the whole team, including the bar staff who will be delighted to read this.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

With very best wishes

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the restaurant and service there. Although the building is Victorian Gothic revival, it looks ancient. My room was huge and the bathroom spacious clean and lovely. The bed was average in terms of comfort. There was a lot of antique furniture, not quite matching and creating a slightly unstylish feel.
The staff are great especially in the restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BeeteeEm,

Thank you for your lovely review.

The team will be delighted to hear your comments especially in the kitchen and restaurant. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time here and liked your spacious and clean room.

I do hope to welcome you again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful place! We attended my sons wedding and stayed in the most amazing suite. The staff were all lovely, friendly and helpful, the room was stunning, comfortable and clean. The food for the wedding and for breakfast the next day was delicious. Cannot fault the alverton and it's staff. A perfect weekend was had by all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Larissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Alverton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Paula P,

Thank you for your review and for referring the The Alverton as "a beautiful place."
Weddings here are truly magical and I'm pleased that you had an amazing suite, delicious food and friendly staff which resulted in the perfect weekend.

I do hope to welcome you again.

With best wishes