“nice but wouldn't rush back....”
Review of Kathmandu Palace

Kathmandu Palace
Ranked #4 of 183 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Voted in the 20 top Curry restaurants in the UK. You will find the Kathmandu in the shadow of the Cathedral in the heart of Truro. A cosy and relaxed establishment in Truro, the Kathmandu is hosted by charismatic and friendly hosts Raj and his family. Fresh herbs and ingredients are used to ensure the best curry experience, so that you can enjoy eating healthier and exotic Nepalese flavours. As a result the mouthwatering dishes are a lot lighter and more subtle than traditional Indian fayre.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We were really looking forward to this meal as we had something to celebrate maybe we had built this place up to something else in our heads but tbh I was underwhelmed with the restaurant, tables are very close together and it is very bright so didn't feel like the romantic setting I'd quite hoped for...the food was nice enough but tbh we have had much nicer I suppose the test for us always is would we recommend to our family and friends...probably not we would say it's decidedly average....the staff are friendly food is ok, surroundings missing something...

2  Thank sonya13

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Lovely atmosphere
Friendly helpful staff - we hadn't booked but they found us a table
and we had a delightful evening. Food was super.

2  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Amazing food, well priced, very friendly & attentive owners. A real gem this one. Cant wait to return.

2  Thank MrCheeks-4
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We arrived at the resteraunt at 6pm to find that it was fully booked, however the staff found a way of juggling bookings to accomodate us as long as we could make way for a 730pm booking. This wasn't a problem and we were so pleased that they had allowed us to stay. The food was incredible - the best Nepalese food I have tasted. When we are on holiday here again we will definately visit again (and book this time) and would reccomend this resteraunt to anyone else. Thank you for such fast service and great food!

2  Thank TontegStu
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Despite walking past this restaurant for years and commenting on the wonderful aromas coming from it, this was the first time that I had eaten there. I had booked an early meal, as we were going to the theatre, arriving at 5.30pm within 10 mins the restaurant was almost full and the atmosphere was great.. The staff were attentive, welcoming and nothing appeared to be too much trouble for them. The menu offers a huge amount of choice, catering for all tastes, at a reasonable price. The meal was totally delicious, arrived promptly and nicely presented, the best Indian food that I have eaten in a long
time.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, such a wonderful refreshing change to be in a restaurant where the staff have such a professional attitude and the good is fabulous. My only regret is that I didn't discover this gem sooner!!!

3  Thank Madfisherman2