“An Anniversary dinner to remeber”

Mannings Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We’re one of Truro’s most popular places to eat, meet and drink. The atmosphere’s informal and relaxed and all budgets are catered for. We have everything from prime rib steaks butchered on the premises, fresh local fish, aromatic sizzling platters, right down to oversized baguettes with fries and vegetarian options. You’ll find the very latest cocktails, cool crisp international beers and an extensive, varied range of wines from different countries and regions around the world.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have worked in Truro for only 6 months and heard only good things about Mannings so I was thrilled to be taken there by my husband on out 6th wedding anniversary.
We were greeted and looked after by George all smiles and a sense of humour. He guided us through the menu with a sense of pride. I had the prawns followed steak sizzler and my husband had the squid followed by the hake. I dont know about hubby but I am still thinking aout that dinner 4 days later. Delicious cocktails and a yummy yummy. Irish coffee were also enjoyed. I can't wait to return.

1  Thank SammieDI
ManningsManagement, Public Relations Manager at Mannings Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hello SammieDI
Welcome to Truro and happy 6th wedding anniversary - I hope we shall see you before your next anniversary .
I am happy to hear that we lived up to your friends recommendations and let's see you back soon.
George will be very happy to hear that you named him in your review and its great to hear that he has a sense of humour as well as a smile.
Our staff are one of our biggest asserts here at Mannings and we are extremely proud of the entire team.
We are planning on launching our new Autumn menu in a few weeks so by the time we see you maybe there will be new yummy meals and cocktails for you to choose from.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Mr C and I went here with family and it was lovely. A real find in Truro - I had the prosecco cocktails which were delicious. Cool décor with a chilled trendy Cornish vibe, this is definitely a place to visit if you are in the city.

ManningsManagement, Public Relations Manager at Mannings Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Hello Emma C
A "chilled trendy Cornish vibe" a fantastic tag line so a big thank you for the review and the recommendation.
We are well known for our cocktails here in Truro and the prosecco cocktails are very popular and as you say delicious!!
I am so glad to hear that you shared this experience with your family and now you know where we are it will be great to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here with my son at Christmas and he was delighted because they offered a really good seafood salad.

ManningsManagement, Public Relations Manager at Mannings Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Antheasilver
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your lunch.
Here in Cornwall we are so lucky to be able to source some fantastic local produce and the seafood is just on our door step.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

sorry it has taken us so long to write a review, we visited at the end of July with a party of 9 after attending our daughters and her friend's graduation at the cathedral.food was first glass arrived quickly and steaming hot, waitress was helpful and very friendly, bar staff were also pleasant and welcoming, we are local, but our daughters friends parents are not and they said that we have could not have chosen a better place to have ended what was a truly memorable day for our two girls, Thank you Dan the Bar Man and the rest of the mannings staff.

ManningsManagement, Public Relations Manager at Mannings Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello Rachael W
It's great to hear from you at any time so don't worry about the slight delay in the review.
The important thing is that the actual graduation day was memorable for your family and friends.
I am so happy to hear that we helped make the day for your daughters special with our food and service.
Dan will love the mention and all your comments will be shared with the team here.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We chose Mannings from the reviews on Tripadvisor as this was our first evening visit to Truro.
We were not disappointed, the service was very friendly and efficient, the menu varied and reasonably priced. The chef went out of his way to accommodate a request and the meal was very enjoyable.

ManningsManagement, Public Relations Manager at Mannings Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Hello Suzie S
So glad to hear that our Trip Advisor reviews lived up to your expectations.
It can be difficult sometimes and as you mentioned this was your first evening visit to Truro so to hear that you weren't disappointed is fantastic .
All of your comments are really appreciated and it's lovely to hear that one of our chefs went out of their way and made the meal enjoyable for you.
Hope to see you again soon.
The Mannings's Team.