“Amazing food, amazing service!”
Review of Chorley's

Chorley's
Ranked #1 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Description: Serving a fusion of South African cuisine along with other dishes made using Chorley's famous Peri-Peri sauce. You'll find traditional meals like Burgers, Ribs and Chicken all cooked in Chorley's Sauce along with Boerewors, Bunny Chow & Biltong supporting the African side of the menu. We cover all diets from Vegan to pure meat eaters. Unleash your imagination and take a walk on the wild side.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We finally got to go to Chorley's after wanting to try it for a while and we were not disappointed! We had chilli beef nachos to start, soo tasty! And then we had the South African sharing board for main, which included ribs, chicken wings, amazingly soft calamari, bunny chow, onion rings, sausage, chips and coleslaw! We may have over ordered slightly but it was all fantastic. The two ladies serving were so friendly, helpful and lovely, you instantly felt welcomed. Will definitely be returning!

Shane C, Owner at Chorley's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review!

We are really happy that you enjoyed your nachos starter and the platter afterwards. It is a lot of food- you both did a great job!

Was lovely to meet you both and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From start to finish this was such a fantastic evening!!!
I called in the day and the service was lovely (always refreshing to have lovely phone service) and they were very accommodating in fitting us in.
Lovely cosy venue, great atmosphere. Food was spot on. We had the sharing platter. Just wow. So much food all perfectly cooked and the ribs were the best we’ve ever had! We were both elbow deep in sauce in no time!!
Wine and beer both lovely too and nice to see them stick to their theme
Massively recommend and easy to see why they are number one
Thank you team, we had a lovely evening xx

Shane C, Owner at Chorley's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for such a kind review!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your evening with us. We highly pride ourselves on the service we provide-from phone manor to waiting on your table, our aim is to ensure our customer always feels welcome and well taken care of- as though we are welcoming you into our home!

Our Platters are so popular-giving you a real taste of pretty much everything, all coated in your choice of Chorley’s Sauce....what’s not to love! We are so happy that you enjoyed it and the drinks too!!

Thank you so much again and we look forward to the next time that you visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Chorley's for lunch and weren't disappointed. The restaurant was smart and clean, the hostess was really friendly and very helpful.
The food was very tasty and the portions were very good. The service was fast and efficient and we will definitely be going again. Try the sauces they are wonderful.

Shane C, Owner at Chorley's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Chorley’s in a positive light.

René- one of the owners, was your hostess today and she really is so friendly and goes out of her way to ensure our customers have a nice experience. I’m very happy this was the case for you today too.

We are really happy that you liked the food and enjoyed the sauces and we look forward to your next visit.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We came across this restaurant by a bit of a mistake really. We'd read the reviews but as total spice heads we opted for a curry house as every restaurant claims heat and spice and they are always mediocre to say the least.
The small restaurant was quite busy and it was near the end of the night. We were welcomingly greeted and sat down. We did have a fair wait but I really don't think this was fair judgement as a few big orders were being dealt with. We both ordered the 12oz Fireblade burger. It has a heat advisory. " Oh yeah, we know all that marketing rubbish " I thought. I ate not only the high quality burger fused with Scott bonnet chillies, peri peri flakes, chorleys habanero sauce with cheese and jalapeños but also my words. My my, this was HOT. A great chat after with the owner about chillies and spice in general was a lovely end to the experience. If you like hot and I mean you're a Phal curry eater then this is the burger for you. At last a restaurant that doesn't lie about spice. From what I could see around the other tables the food looked excellent. A definite restaurant to attend when in Truro whether for lunch or dinner.

Shane C, Owner at Chorley's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to review Chorley’s in such a positive light.

We are really happy to read that you enjoyed your experience of Chorley’s and trusting us in our ‘if we say it’s hot, it’s hot’ speech! We love our spice here at Chorley’s. As a family run restaurant from SA, we are used to the heat and our aim was always to try and replicate that as best we could here in Cornwall! We are even growing our own range of chillis to get the exact flavours and spice levels that we know will go down well with dishes and burgers just like the Fireblade.

We are really happy that your overall experience of Chorley’s was a great one and we genuinely look forward to having you join us again sometime! (Maybe to try the new, even hotter burger coming onto our new menu!!!) :)

Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

I visited Chorley’s after noting it was no1 for restaurants in Truro. I have to say it did not disappoint. The gentleman that served us who I think was one of the owners was very passionate and enthusiastic which is refreshing to see. This is a very small restaurant with capacity for approx 30 covers so it is very cosy and intimate and it feels like you are being invited into somebody’s living room.
The drinks list is not extensive but includes beer, wine and a selection of soft drinks and milkshakes. I have to say it was nice to have a South African lager as it gave me fond memories of my trip to SA in 2006.
The food is the real highlight here. Most of the dishes are cooked with their signature sauce which comes in a number of varieties and is delicious. We left with 2 bottles so we can enjoy the sauce at home. I tried one of the burgers which was succulent, juicy and probably the best burger I’ve had in some time. My partner tried one of their curry’s which is served in a half a loaf of bread which is an interesting concept and a dish she thoroughly enjoyed.

Overall, a great dining experience and a restaurant I would recommend if you are in Cornwall.

Shane C, Owner at Chorley's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave Chorley’s such a lovely and honest review.

Shane is one of the co-owners of Chorley’s alongside his wife Laura and Shane’s Parents Bob and René. Shane really does have such an enthusiasm for the Sauce and all the foods we have on offer-it’s all authentic and home made so we all feel very proud-I’m happy that his genuine passion came across well :)

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Burger and the Bunny Chow! This is a real authentic SA dish which we pride ourselves on greatly-a nice kick of spice and all the flavours giving you to taste experience of Africa itself!!

Enjoy your sauces at home- I’m sure you’ll find lots of recipes to use them in :)

Thank you again!