“Fabulous menu, can’t wait to try it!”
Review of Penrose Kitchen

Penrose Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Description: Serving the very best of local and home grown produce in the beautiful surroundings of tranquil lily ponds. A daily changing menu of classic British and European dishes with a select wine list.
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I stumbled across Penrose Kitchen and spoke to some friend who said they had heard great things. I had a look at the menu and it was definitely my sort of food so I booked, for Sunday lunch.

The lamb was ok but not brilliant, standard roast dinner. I prefer the lamb a little pinker.

I will 100% come back for an evening meal though as the chef’s menu looks great and I will happily write a more detailed review.

The only disappointing thing was that my gin & tonic came with a plastic straw which I know is a small thing, but these days is unacceptable. Hopefully the owners will change this by the time we come back.

Because we will and I can’t wait to taste his real cooking.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Dinner for two.. Wonderful food and service. A Cornish Gem.
We'll be back soon
Thank you.

Tim & Brigid

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Just had lunch for two. Brilliant location. We were fortunate that we could sit outside as the weather was fine. Lovely views. Our meals were superb and great value. Also the service was friendly but professional. I’d certainly recommend you give it a try. We’ll be booking soon for an evening sitting !!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Three of us dined on Thursday 20th September. The people who run this place are delightful and couldn’t have been more accommodating. The recommendations of wines/drinks were spot on. The food itself is so perfectly cooked/balanced that I’d come back to Truro just to have the venison again. The cheese board is also a thing of wonder. Highly highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Really good meal. The starters were very tasty and well presented. The venison main was tender and the potato really delicious. Great service, very attentive staff and lovely atmosphere. A very welcoming and comfortable restaurant. The desserts were excellent.