“Healthy delicious food, not only for vegans”
Review of The Cornish Vegan

The Cornish Vegan
Ranked #3 of 188 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: The Cornish Vegan is home to delicious and wholesome plant-based food. We are located at 15 Kenwyn Street in Truro, Cornwall. We are passionate about vegan food and aim to excite vegans and non-vegans alike with the quality and taste of our food. All of our ingredients are local, seasonal, organic and ethically-sourced where possible. We also strive to make all of our own condiments and sauces, such as vegan butter, vegan mayonnaise and more. Our menus will be changing regularly, based on customer demand and on what is seasonal.
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Im not a vegan/vegetarian (used to be in the past) as I do enjoy fish and seafood too much but I do love good vegan food. Im annoyed I haven't discovered this place earlier as food is so so so tasty. Also quite big portion sizes so you will not leave hungry.
Big selection of cakes, you would never guess ur eating a vegan cake. And I was pleasantly surprised that vegan cheesecake can be so tasty and still taste like a cheesecake. Might be my new favourite.
The only bad thing is its not open 7 days a week :( would be most suitable for a yummy Sunday brunch.

TheCornishVegan, Owner at The Cornish Vegan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hi - many thanks for your kind comments. We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. Note that we do open the last Sunday of the month for vegan roast dinners, which are very popular. But we won't be holding the Sunday dinner in July or August as we focus on the busy summer season. We hope to resume them in September. You can keep updated on our opening days, times, menus, etc via our website or Facebook page. Thanks again, Dawn

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We went to the Cornish Vegan on a rainy day in June having been recommended when we visited Begin V Vegan Cafe in Bodmin.

We loved the background music and were served by one of the owners. We had the Jackfruit Sandwich which was very tasty and followed it with a portion each of chocolate cake and lemon cake which were worth breaking our diets for. I think my only criticism (if I dare criticise this cafe) is that we ordered a side salad with the sandwich and this was charged separately making it quite a costly meal.

1  Thank Barbara G
TheCornishVegan, Owner at The Cornish Vegan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thanks so much for visiting us and for taking the time to write a review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your jackfruit sandwich and cakes.

We're sorry if you found your meal a bit costly with the extra cost of the side salad. We used to include the salad or fries with all our sandwiches, but because many people weren't interested in the side dishes (meaning we had a lot of food waste), and in order to reduce the prices on all our meals, we now offer these at an extra cost instead. It makes everything more affordable for those who only want a sandwich. Don't forget we make all our food in-house from scratch, including all our own condiments (mayo, ketchup, butter, etc), which is therefore reflected in the prices we charge.

Thanks again for your comments. Dawn

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I've been meaning to leave a review of this place for such a long time but I've finally gotten around to it. What an amazing feeling it is to just walk in and order anything on the menu without checking to see if its SFV.

When you walk in you're always greeted with smiles and friendly faces. The establishment itself feels very cosey and clean with 1940's style music playing subtly in the background.

Drinks:
Whilst there are lots of options we tend to stick to our favorites (tea, coffee & fentimens sodas). It's the first place I've been to that when I ask for a latte - I get asked what milk I want (oat, soy, coconut etc), which is a welcomed sight.

Food:
If you ever get a chance to eat here then you must try one of the many amazing cakes they offer (chocolate & caramel is a favorite but it's popular so be quick).
For mains they offer some tasty choices, the BBQ jackfruit sandwich is fantastic, as well as the 'chickin' sandwich being my personal favorite. On occasion, they have event days where they may host a full roast dinner or valentines evening meal - for example.

Reccommendations:
- Raw keylime cheesecake
- Lemon cake
- Chocolate & Caramel cake
- Rose & pistachio cake

Overall:
Generous portions, beautiful outdoor seating/garden area, good prices, wonderful staff (all of them), really tasty food and a perfect location thats convenient for us.

1  Thank Aidan_V8
TheCornishVegan, Owner at The Cornish Vegan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thanks so much for writing such a lovely review. We really appreciate it and the fact that you come to visit us so often. We love that you love The Cornish Vegan so much :) xx

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Went here last week with partner and family. Had an incredible 'chickin' burger followed by a delightful salted caramel slice, with coconut cream on the side.

Menu filled with tasty treats. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Sat in the picturesque garden to the rear. Allowed dogs and even brought out water and treats for the​ dogs.

Would highly recommend to any vegans in the area or those who wish to try something different. Went with a vegan, vegetarian and a meat eater and all enjoyed every bite!

Thanks so much for visiting us and for taking the time to write a review. We're so pleased you enjoyed it and hope you'll visit again. Dawn

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

It was my first time I visited the Cornish vegan and I now lament the fact it took so long. Amazing food, locally sourced and super friendly staff. I really recommend the budda bowl and an Americano with hot, frothy soy milk to finish

TheCornishVegan, Owner at The Cornish Vegan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely appreciate it. xx