eDreams
Travelocity
FindHotel
CheapTickets
StayForLong
All reviews afternoon tea sunday lunch welcome drink turn down service boutique hotel roll top bath beautiful hotel country house scones pool and jacuzzi coffee machine beef her birthday drawing room northumberland countryside dyson fan wine list
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2019

I visited for afternoon tea. I live about five miles away and had never heard of Walwick Hall, so was intrigued when a friend recommended it. The tea was good with outstanding pastry in particular, but the sweet treats were also exceptional. I was disappointed that the "stotties" in the Northumbrian afternoon tea were no such thing. They were barm cakes, not my favourite bread. Stotties, proper stotties, are. So that was disappointing. What left me cold, however, was the room we were in. I'm sure it's lovely in winter, but in the height of summer it felt clammy, muggy and pretty much devoid of personality. It put me in mind of a very well to do residential home. What else? Staff very friendly and helpful, no concerns expressed by them even though my companion was over half an hour late for our allotted slot. It's just that room...I hasten to add it was immaculate, beautifully decorated...just not to my taste. Not to have a rating between average and very good is unfortunate. This isn't average; but very good would be going too far. Good and a half, perhaps?!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2019

Visited for lunch on Wednesday this week with our Jaguar XK Club - we were a party of 24.
Wow.
Pre-lunch drinks on the terrace in the sun surrounded by a beautifully tended garden followed by lunch in the dining room. Empty plates all round.
Service was exemplary, as was the food.
Very much looking forward to returning next year with our Jaguar E-type Club!
Thanks to Chris and his super team.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2019

My daughter and son in law treat me to afternoon tea here today. I was not disappointed. I have Coeliac disease so require a Gluten Free diet. The afternoon tea they provided was outstanding I couldn't even eat it all. The staff were amazing, friendly, attentive, and helpful. Can not wait to go back. The views are second to none in fact everything was fantastic.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2019

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Nothing is too much trouble, the staff without exception are friendly and helpful, the location is stunning and the rooms are spotless and very comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2019

Stayed here recently during a mini tour of the North East. From check in to check out the experience was amazing. Beautiful location, views, building facilities and garden not to mention the fantastic staff who are so welcoming, helpful and accommodating. A welcome drink in the sun on the terrace was such a great start to a lovely stay. Evening Meal quality was outstanding and the rooms are finished to such an outstanding quality. I really can't fault anything about our stay here. It's not cheap and especially the £2.95 juice at breakfast, but on a £/quality level ratio it's up there with the best, no doubt, and would stay there again in a shot. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2019