All reviews hemswell court held our daughters wedding officers mess staff were incredible wedding ceremony and reception couldn't do enough huge shower special thanks wedding weekend evening buffet lovely venue member of staff nothing too much trouble judith guests furnishings toiletries
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Last Saturday we were at Hemswell Court for my sons wedding to his lovely wife.
.First the bad bits!
None at all, everything was 5 star from the arrival at reception shown to our room by Phillip who was chatty and very helpful nothing was to much trouble. We explained that my wife's mother was attending and that she was in a wheelchair, again no problem a room was found that she could get changed in and provision made for a chair with arms for the reception. The ceremony was held in a beautifully dressed room and was perfect. We all then went into the gardens for photos during which the staff came out with food again and again and again. Onto the reception, food excellent, service excellent in fact everything excellent.
Breakfast was outstanding cooked to order and sourced locally.

Would I recommend holding an event at Hemswell Court, yes without hesitation.

Well done to all the staff especially Judith and Phillip.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie L, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with Hemswell Court and for you very kind comments. It is always lovely to hear that we have achieved our goal in giving our guests an outstanding visit. I will pass on your kind words to all staff involved.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Attended for a wedding meal and it was fantastic. The hotel itself and the grounds are fab and give a very relaxed atmosphere. The staff are extremely polite and will try and cater to your needs. I'm a vegetarian and the meal served was very enjoyable. With big group meals sometimes the meals are bland however here the meals are on par with a top class restaurant. Very very enjoyable and I cannot criticise the place or the staff in any way, well done.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will pass on your comments and praise to all staff involved. We are very grateful that guests take the time to review their stay with us especially with such positive comments.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We recently attended a wedding here, such a lovely place, the staff were great, couldn't do enough for you.
The food was lovely, plenty of it, and more if wanted, lots of wine, water & orange juice flowing too.
Would recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Functi0ns, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you Kelly for taking the time to review your recent time with us. Thank you for your kind comments which I will pass to all concerned. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your wedding.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We held our daughters wedding at Hemswell court. The surroundings and internal decoration are beautiful. The food, staff and rooms were amazing. The attention to detail is second to none. Nothing is too much trouble and they do try to accommodate any requests. Judith is amazing and such a calm presence she deals with everything in a friendly and professional manner and just takes the stress out of everything. All the staff were fantastic however Judith deserves a special mention as she never appears to sleep and works seamlessly controlling every aspect of the day to make it all come together wonderfully. I cannot thank everyone enough for making us all feel very special and making my daughter and son-in-laws day so beautiful and memorable. Would I do it all over again? Absolutely, in the blink of an eye

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie L, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review. Here at Hemswell Court we have a great team of staff who are very hard working both in front and behind the scenes and it is lovely to be appreciated. Judith is a great asset to our company as is all our staff so thank you for their praise. We are so pleased you all enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I was invited to meet friends for dinner and stay the night
I must confess that when I turned into the drive I wondered if this was going to work.......
The building previously was an RAF Officers Mess and for those of a certain age featured in the movie The Dambusters!!!!!
What a surprise, greeted by friendly and helpful staff and shown to a bedroom and bathroom that had just been completely redone
It was comfortable, clean and all the small details had been taken care of, from mineral water to toiletries
In particular the bathroom was fantastic and as big as the bedroom.
Dinner was of a good standard and service was at a big table
Note that it does not function as a hotel in the usual sense but can be booked in advance by groups
All my fellow guests thought that it was excellent and in particular the staff were simply amazing.
Would not hesitate to recommend it

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Functi0ns, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and glowing review from your recent stay with us. It is so nice that guests take the time to comment. Hope to see you again.