Hickman Hill Hotel(Gainsborough)
US$161
Advocate Arms Hotel(Market Rasen)
US$127
  • Breakfast included
US$66
PremierInn.com
US$76
All reviewswedding venuehemswell courtbeautiful venuecomplimentary slippersbrought roundofficers messcouldn't do enoughspecial thanksevening buffetmember of staffshower roomthe ground floorfull englishjudithreceptionfurnishingstoiletries
Reviewed 22 March 2017

My son and his wife had their wedding here. The hotel was a perfect choice and the success of the whole event from arriving until leaving the next day was enhanced by the efficiency of the very friendly staff. From management, through reception staff to the maids, all went out of their way to ensure that the event went smoothly and everyone enjoyed themselves. We had actually chosen our rooms when we booked and my daughter was a little unhappy that her room had been switched. However, this was down to the efficiency and forward thinking of the staff who realised that with a small child and a baby their new room was in a better and more easily accessible location. All of the rooms were first class; spotlessly clean, well equipped and very comfortable. The complimentary slippers were very much appreciated. The catering was first class and your breakfast was cooked to order; only my hangover prevented me from enjoying it more. Still, I did find the strawberry and banana smoothie particularly beneficial and a perfect substitute for my uneaten sausage. Be assured that none of my breakfast went to waste as it was all snapped up by other appreciative diners. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed every second that I spent here and was so impressed with the style, flare and efficiency of Judith at the head of the team that I would have smuggled her out and taken her home if I could. Thank you Hemswell Court you do a great job

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Julie L, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us and for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed you time with us even with your hangover lol .

Reviewed 20 February 2017

My partner and I attended a wedding reception here. The venue is ideal and looks fantastic, the staff are attentive and polite, and the whole place was spotlessly clean. Our room was on the ground floor and unfortunately, the only way to the room was past the main dining room! It was a bit bad that we had to walk right past the room with the wedding party in with all our luggage etc, while the photos were being taken, etc. The room itself was very small, no desk/sitting area, and an even smaller shower room. The room was very well heated, we had to have the window open all night (in February!). The area the venue is located in has very little mobile signal, and wifi is not available in the rooms. Breakfast was good, plenty of cereal/pastries to start with and then a full English cooked to order. The access to the car park is very tight, we went in a van and there was only a couple of inches to spare either side! Also be aware that the car park entrance is not very well signposted, it looks like you are supposed to go through the actual court entrance but the entrance is actually the tiny narrow little path. Tuck your wing mirrors in if you are driving anything larger than a SUV!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Julie L, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hemswell Court, we appreciate hearing from our guests and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hemswell Court is not a hotel so we work slightly different than others. Our rooms are reviewed by the AA yearly and we are very proud of our 5*gold AA status. Heating is difficult to control as you can imagine as our temperatures outside are very unpredictable at the moment, the radiator is fitted with a thermostatic valve on which you could have controlled your room temperature yourself. Our building is bomb proof due to its history so phone signals and Wi-Fi are limited to the main areas I am afraid. Usually guests who are staying over but attending the evening reception tend to come later so that would explain your arrival with photos being taken. I am sure that with you being part of the wedding party they wouldn’t have minded though. I am sorry you feel the car park is not very well sign posted and is tight, this is the first comment that we have received about this so we will look into your points, had we known you were coming in a van we could have parked you at our other car park with more room.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our venue and staff, I will pass these on to all concerned.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Just visited for my cousin's wedding. Big family occasion, lots of people to look after and cater for, but the staff were absolutely brilliant. Very polite, efficient, and helpful. We had a lovely reception of warm drinks and snacks, and we were shown to our room, which was so elegant and comfortable. There were a good number of staff (something which I think is very important, but often overlooked unless there aren't enough staff), and they just did their job perfectly. The hotel was having some issues with their heating and hot water, but this was communicated very clearly to those affected, and the problem was solved quickly. It's easy to get to, and a beautiful building. It was also decorated beautifully for Christmas. We felt very well looked-after and would go back again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Julie L, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable time with us. I will pass on your compliments to all staff. Thank you for being understanding about the heating issue, thankfully our plumbers where straight out to sort the problem.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

My Husband and I had our wedding at Hemswell Court on the 2nd December. It was the most amazing day. The Venue is stunning with rooms to match every mood Ballroom and Bar area for music and Dancing., and the quite sitting room for quests who want to talk and relax. The food at the Wedding Breakfast and evening buffet was superb we were able to offer a choice of menu to suit everyone's tastes. The flaming creme brûlée"s was just the finishing touch to an excellent meal.
Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and they all looked happy and happy for us.
We must give a special mention. to Judith
Who guided us through the Day and made sure everything ran smoothly.
If you are looking for a superb Wedding Venue this is it we can not recommend it too highly .
Shaun , Julie we raise our glasses to you as you have a top class Venue and you made our Wedding Day Perfect.

Stayed: December 2016
Julie L, Manager at Hemswell Court Limited, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Hi

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear you had such a memorable day with us. The flaming creme brulees are very popular and always get guests talking about them.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner recently had our engagement party at Hemswell Court and there is only one word to describe it... AMAZING!! The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for us! The food was out of this world!... our friends still go on about the famous fish and chips at the venue.! Even down to the little details like the 'front of house' always smiling and looking after our cards and gifts we received.
Perfect night at the perfect venue!!!
If you are thinking of having a party/wedding at Hemswell we Would defiantly recommend!!

Stayed: November 2016

Hi

Thank you for your kind review of Hemswell Court. Our fish and chips are very popular, so glad you and your guests enjoyed them. I will pass your comments onto all the staff.