Park Place Guest House
US$126
  • Pool
US$211
Very Good 4/5
Premier inn Abergavenny Hotel(Llanfoist)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$92
US$89
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsattic roomwelsh cakeson arrivalb bwould stay againtop floorlovely little placeshort walkwedding weekendcooked breakfastno hesitationthe publovely roommaxinetvloungecrickhowell
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Ideal location being close enough to walk into town and quiet enough to get some sleep after sampling all the real ales! We stayed in the twin room alongside the road and we didn't think it was that noisy with road traffic. Anybody who lives in the city would think the B and B is very quiet. Enough said about breakfast, it's true. We would stay again. Hint, book direct with owner and you don't pay additional fee. Take a torch with you for the late night ramble to the pub.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Clare G
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Proprietress was extremely helpful and considerate.

The area was very busy the weekend we were in Crickhowell but you would never have guessed that from Park Place. Very quiet, very relaxing.

The breakfast options provide for a wide variety of tastes and are served in sufficient quantity that you can wind up with a takeaway lunch!

Room Tip: The top floor room is very spacious for a couple and has wonderful views of a field full of sheep. Just to get you in that "Welsh" mood.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnD3443HG
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We booked this through laterooms.com as the result of a quick decision to get away for a couple of days. We'd booked two rooms for the three of us, when we got there we'd actually been given three rooms at no extra charge. A very well run, clean and well stocked guesthouse. The wide choice of breakfasts were great, I plumped for the full Welsh breakfast both mornings, enough to keep a keen hillwalker going for a full day. Get the impression that nothing was too much trouble for the owners. Great location on the edge of Crickhowell, with easy access to the Beacons and the Black Mountains. Loved it. My two mates, a pair of rufty-tufty climbers and hillwalkers will now forever be known as Peony and Daffodil after the rooms they stayed in!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, views of hills front and back of the property
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Room - small, but perfectly formed if you just need somewhere to rest your head for the night. Very noisy on roadside - sleep disturbed. Breakfast - excellent - go for the Welsh breakfast! Well placed for road travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't on the roadside!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I had reserved Park Place for a weekend with friends who was joining us from London.
I'm afraid I have had to cancel before our stay.
As we were in the area last weekend I wanted to pop by the guesthouse to see if there was any recommendations for walks from the front door.
There was no one in and the guesthouse showed no signs of life.
I looked around and was immediately dismayed at the signs of neglect.
Overgrown garden. Overflowing ashtrays full of water on the side of the house on rusted sad looking furniture.
I was unable to see much through the 2 downstairs windows for the humungous old fashioned TV 's in the windows. The windows were grubby and cobweb by.
The side windows revealed a dated dining room with a sticky looking carpet and nothing was cleared from what I assumed to be breakfast...dirty serviettes on the floor etc.
The kitchen was piled high with dirty breakfast dishes. ..bean juices frying pans...and the back garden...Well. ..well as awful. It was late afternoon at this time.
The whole place had an air of neglect and looked dirty.
I was surprised as the write ups and reviews read well.
I will point out that I did not go inside...but never less first appearances count for me and my over riding desire was to rum for the hills and book something else!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple