Park Place Guest House
US$119
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$211
Premier inn Abergavenny Hotel(Llanfoist)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
The Angel(Abergavenny)
US$144
US$139
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

Premier Inn Ebbw Vale Hotel(Ebbw Vale)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotels.com
US$146
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsattic roomwelsh cakeson arrivaltop floorshort walk over the bridgelovely little placewedding weekendcooked breakfastno hesitationmaxinetvloungecrickhowellpubscereal
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We booked this through laterooms.com as the result of a quick decision to get away for a couple of days. We'd booked two rooms for the three of us, when we got there we'd actually been given three rooms at no extra charge. A very well run, clean and well stocked guesthouse. The wide choice of breakfasts were great, I plumped for the full Welsh breakfast both mornings, enough to keep a keen hillwalker going for a full day. Get the impression that nothing was too much trouble for the owners. Great location on the edge of Crickhowell, with easy access to the Beacons and the Black Mountains. Loved it. My two mates, a pair of rufty-tufty climbers and hillwalkers will now forever be known as Peony and Daffodil after the rooms they stayed in!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, views of hills front and back of the property
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Room - small, but perfectly formed if you just need somewhere to rest your head for the night. Very noisy on roadside - sleep disturbed. Breakfast - excellent - go for the Welsh breakfast! Well placed for road travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't on the roadside!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I had reserved Park Place for a weekend with friends who was joining us from London.
I'm afraid I have had to cancel before our stay.
As we were in the area last weekend I wanted to pop by the guesthouse to see if there was any recommendations for walks from the front door.
There was no one in and the guesthouse showed no signs of life.
I looked around and was immediately dismayed at the signs of neglect.
Overgrown garden. Overflowing ashtrays full of water on the side of the house on rusted sad looking furniture.
I was unable to see much through the 2 downstairs windows for the humungous old fashioned TV 's in the windows. The windows were grubby and cobweb by.
The side windows revealed a dated dining room with a sticky looking carpet and nothing was cleared from what I assumed to be breakfast...dirty serviettes on the floor etc.
The kitchen was piled high with dirty breakfast dishes. ..bean juices frying pans...and the back garden...Well. ..well as awful. It was late afternoon at this time.
The whole place had an air of neglect and looked dirty.
I was surprised as the write ups and reviews read well.
I will point out that I did not go inside...but never less first appearances count for me and my over riding desire was to rum for the hills and book something else!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Megan E
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We booked last minute and were in a family suite in the attic, more room than we needed, but it was what they had. Convenient to downtown Crickhowell. I managed to screw up and lock ourselves out of the bathroom, nobody's fault but my own. We notified the innkeeper, was 2 1/2 hours before they came to unlock it for us. Yes, there's a common bathroom on the ground floor, but not real convenient when you're in the attic. Our attic room was also stifling hot, and we finally got the promised fan around 10 PM and it improved immediately. Wi-fi worked great, breakfast was good, price good.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCfromKC
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding in Crickhowell. The B&B is a perfect venue for anyone. Maxine is the perfect hostess- she really couldn't do enough for you. The breakfasts in the morning are made to order using local produce and tastes divine! The rooms are all comfortable and well equipped. Crickhowell itself is walking distance with a variety of good pubs to choose from. Overall, a warm welcoming B&B that should be enjoyed by all!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family