“Colombian dining experience, that should not be missed when in Medellin”

Queareparaenamorarte
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Retiro
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2016

While a bit outside of the city, near the town of El Retiro, this is a destination that cannot be missed. The entire staff, the setting and of course, the food! Spectacular, Amazing, Flavorful and Authentic.
This is an automatic stop whenever I return to Medellin.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

It is a long drive to the middle of nowhere. Not much to see or love in the area, but if you are a "paisa" food lover this place is a must. The food is AMAZING.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 4 May 2016

I first saw Anthony´s great review on Queareparanamorarte about 5-6 years ago and finally got around to going. Near the Y that splits to El Retiro and La Ceja it is about 30-40 minutes from El Poblado. I would best classify this as a five star Colombian fare restaurant. I had the fish (pescado) and it was superb and included an interesting salsa with a number of fresh garden spices. One of my diners had the Solomito medallions which he raved about. The ambiance is classical Colombian and the service excellent. Our two bottles of an excellent Argentinian Malbec really rounded out the meal.

1  Thank MedellinRich
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Quant location nestled between a couple of businesses. However, the food is phenomenal!!! Deliciously crafted local dishes at reasonable prices when taking into account the dollar conversion. Beautifully decorated restaurant transports you to a typical village atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

We've been by this landmark restaurant many times on our way to and from the city. Yesterday, my wife and I decided to give the place a try. The Colombian cuisine is excellent. But unlike many typical paisa restaurants in the area, the kitchen is very stingy with its portions. I usually leave other restaurants in Colombia feeling full and with a doggy bag. At this restaurant, I felt the exact opposite. The food is superb, but the relatively small portions do not justify the price tag. In virtually all respects (food, preparation, service, variety and ambiance) the restaurant is worthy of compliments and recognition except when it comes to value. Dinner for four came to a total of 180,000 pesos ($58 US)... this included non-alcoholic drinks and a 10% tip. Most Colombian restaurants will serve a complimentary cup of coffee or tea at the end of the meal. At Queareparaenamorarte, coffee or tea is and additional 2,500 pesos.

Would I eat here again? I believe so, but it won't be for a long time. For the tourist who does not mind leaving the sanctuary of the city, I would recommend one visit to Queareparaenamorarte. The food is superb... just there is not enough of it. And, the menu offers a broad variety of cuisine from all regions of Colombia. Because the restaurant seems stingy, I felt compelled to give it a stingy overall rating.

1  Thank Eulenspeegel