“What a change ! Paradise on Severn ”
Review of The Lyon Inn

The Lyon Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a country Inn, based on the main road between Gloucester and Chepstow. We serve a good collection of real ales and excellent dining facilities.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The New owners have Just made wonderful pub.
Welcoming, décoration service and of course cooking great

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not been here since last year. Now under new management. It’s had a great face lift making the place much more welcoming and full of light. Food is a little more up market. Wonderfully cooked and well presented. We had a lovely baguette each, accompanied with some great triple cooked chips.
Had a great visit. Will certainly be coming back on a regular basis again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A couple who used to have a samm hotel in Cheltenham have recently taken over this traditional Village pub, so it was time for a visit. What a find!

This 'Gastro Pub' has been tastefully refurbished in a mixture of traditional and modern styles which very much suits my taste and, by the look of it many local and not so local people who were there making the restaurant pleasantly busy.

Roast Beef (well it is Sunday) and plenty of it, cooked the way I like it, very pink, accompanied by the best Roast Potatoes I've had for a long time (please send me the recipe) and beautiful fresh vegetables made a perfect lunch made even better by gravy which tasted devine. There was a good selection of starters and deserts, I passed on both, but one of the party I was with had a desert which looked perfect and, so he tells me, tasted as good as it looked. Coffee to follow was again wonderful, not some stale, over cooked brew, but fresh and wonderfully tasty, proper coffee from proper freshly ground beans.

Service was excellent and the selection of beers and wines looked tempting, but as I was driving had to be passed by.

I'll be back and would recommend anyone to go too.

Their New Year's Eve party looks like it could be a must!!

2  Thank 4941ac
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We drove out from Cheltenham on the recommendation of some foodie friends. It’s worth the drive!

The roast beef was perfect. A cosy proper country inn that understands food and real hospitality

Dog friendly too :-)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I rented a house in Adsett to celebrate my birthday, firstly with family and then with a group of friends. I booked Sunday lunch for my family and a Tuesday evening meal for my friends and they could not have been more helpful in sorting out our menu choices etc.
Both experiences were marvellous! The welcome we received was genuinely warm. The food was excellent and the ambiance likewise. I am very grateful to have had such a great time. It made my whole week extra special. Thank you.

Date of visit: October 2018