“Avoid the thai level spicy unless you're a chilli pro”
Review of Erawan

Erawan
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Bryanston
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Description: Erawan Riverside is a Thai, Dim Sum and Sushi restaurant and cocktail bar located in Riverside Shopping centre, Bryanston
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Have to admit we had takeaway delivered. The dimsum were tasty, and sticky as they should be. The prawn toast was in small rounds, rather than the square shapes you often get, but tasty nonetheless. Both my wife and I decided to spice up the flavour a little. I would normally opt for medium or hot, but there was an option of Thai Style (unfortunately the delivery app didn't indicate this was level 4, i.e. above hot). Wow, I could only eat half of mine and even then I suffered. If you eat a lot of spicy food by all means try it, if you're just a weekend spicy food eater better stick with medium or hot at a push.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Erawan has a comprehensive menu, but we go there for the sushi ( and occasionally for the roast duck) which is by far the best in Johannesburg ( the Big Mouth comes close ).

The service is really good. Nice selection of wines and craft beers.

Definitely our favorite

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here. Portions were large and taste was great. And of course make sure the heat level is Thai style, if you like it hot.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Great food, good service! Excellent tapas however, some are a bit pricey.
Will return for another feast!

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I have made a booking for this a while ago.

I confirmed the booking via sms yesterday and then an email to say my booking was cancelled.

I am very disappointed with this and ask why the booking was cancelled?
I called the restaurant and they rebooked this for me, but when I went to the restaurant I see the restaurant was full and we got a table right at the back.

I would like to understand why I got a cancellation last minute. I believe that the oldest bookings are cancelled due to overbooking.

Food was also not to the usual standard.