See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2015

So, a rude awakening was awaiting me, when I got there to find the front door closed and no reception in sight. This was mentioned on the website, but well, not in a attention grabbing way! Anyway, I had to call a phone number written on the door, which was not a very cheap call, and they told me after 10 minutes, that there is a safe, gave me the code and I found a paper envelope with my key inside. After opening the envelope I realised I have no idea what the number of my room is, and they didn't bother to mention. So, I call again, and this new guy can't speak English. But since it is hard to get through the line, I somehow made him realise I needed my room number. The room was smelly, but spacious. The shower is though very small and somewhat uncomfortable. They only provided one soap and there was a shampoo attached to the wall. The bathroom in total is clean and well lit. Interestingly there is a whole kitchen with all the utensils, a stove, a microwave and even a dishwasher, as well as a sign stating that if you leave the kitchen uncleaned, you will pay 65 EUR extra for the cleaning! They also don't clean the room, change the towels or bed sheets, or add soap, so you better plan ahead. The TV is too small for a room that large and fixated, so you can't rotate it. No WiFi, only cable internet, which can only be purchased at the reception. And the reception doesn't work on Sundays, and closes way too soon on Saturdays.
For all the troubles, 40 EUR per night for 2 persons is quite an appealing offer. The place is not too close to the center (30 minutes on foot to Part-Dieu station), but there are metro and bus stations close by.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in January 2013 during the Sirha. As a result of the event, we paid significantly higher rates than usual, but still within the posted rates the facility had. We had a simple room with a pullout sofabed and a small kitchen. The subway isn't too far, as long as you don't have luggage. The local small grocer, Les Jardins De Provence, is definitely worth checking out, but a trip into town will be needed for more than the basics. Overall, not too bad for this price range.

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Not a good experience. Room was adequate but bed (a fold out sofa bed) very uncomfortable - only one very thin pillow - and not another one available anywhere in the hotel according to the receptionist. Extremely noisy at night with roaring traffic all night long. No air con so forced to leave bedroom window open. Two sleepless nights and glad to be home. Would never go back or recommend this to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

It can be an interesting option to stay in Lyon, since there is a little complete kitchen with fridge and microwave oven, TV, internet connection. I found it not so clean, especially the floor. The bed is not really a bed but a studio coach or a davenport. Actually the materass is good, but it's something quite different by a real bed. Towels are changed everyday except in the weekend, while bedding and sheets not so often. I stayed here 6 nights and nobody cleaned my floor (both of the room, the kitchen and the bathroom). Breakfast good, but they can do more. Actually if you go quite late, almost 70% of all the food is gone and not refilled.
The location is quite good: 10 min by walk and you are in the metro.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2012

With a colleague I stayed in a two bed apartment on the 8th floor of the Appart'City Lyon Villeurbanne for two nights at the end of November 2012 for the Pollutec Trade Fair. This is an aparthotel, so you get only limited service at the desk. Our room was basic, but the price was extraordinary: EUR 400 a night, breakfast not included! At such rates, you would expect the elevator to work. Not so! There are no acceptable restaurants in the neighborhood and the subway station Flachet is actually quite a walk. My sincere recommendation: do yourself a favor, avoid this place.

Room tip: The best rooms are elsewhere in Lyon
Date of stay: November 2012