All reviews the pub homely feel sunday lunch roast potatoes full english cooked breakfast real ale night stay dave landlord hosts accommodation meal newcastle northumberland walks
Reviewed 18 May 2018

If you want peace and quiet in a beautiful place I would highly recommend this hotel. Beautiful spot 40 minutes drive from centre of Newcastle. It is full of charming and old world charm. It's a wonderful community.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We had heard good things about the Sunday lunch here so we booked and we were not disappointed l had roast beef and my husband had roast lamb both came with a good selection of veg my only gripe was no roast potatoes but we had roast parsnip instead, will definitely be back soon

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We enjoyed our two night stay whilst touring Northumberland. Nice friendly welcome, large comfortable room overlooking the square and lovely quality cooked breakfast (best we had on our travels). Shame the restaurant doesn't open on a Sunday or Monday evening so we weren't able to sample the food. As a previous reviewer mentioned just missing a hair drier in the room. We will definitely stay again when we return to the area. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This was the second year a small group of us have stayed at the Kings Head whilst attending a charity event at Whitfield.

A really warm welcome from David and Sarah.

The steak that I had was one of the best cooked and tastiest I’ve had in years and the breakfast was superb.

I think the best recommendation I can make, is to point out that as we checked out on Sunday our group have already rebooked for next year.

Thanks for making our stay so great David and Sarah.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Landlord/lady, Dave and Sarah very welcoming great beer and food lovely setting the area is wonderful, had a great stay and restful night, woke to a excellent English breakfast that sets you up for the day. Thanks, we'll be back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple