“Ate here 3 successive nights”
Review of Rose & Crown

Rose & Crown
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Goodwick
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: The Rose & Crown is a bar, restaurant, coffee house & 5 bedroom ensuite B&B. Serving homemade, good quality food using local fresh produce, 7 days a week from 11.00 am - 9.30 pm. We have a well stocked bar with a large selection of spirits, wines, beers and locally produced ales.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food at competitive prices, friendly staff.
The 2 steaks with a bottle of wine for £30 was a good deal.
We ate different food each night, and not the same as each other, and each meal was most enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We live nearby so thought it would be handy to have a local place to go for an evening meal. About an hour before hand we rang and booked a table. We arrived on time, a very pleasant waitress showed us to a table and talked us through the menu. The website says they offer gluten free meals but there wasn’t anything on the menu marked as GF. She said they could do most meals as gluten free, if requested to. But when asked they couldn’t do the nut loaf, or the belly pork or a couple of other dishes I mentioned. I eventually chose a steak and my husband chose the same. We both asked for med to well done. Wednesday is ‘steak night’ and since we were there on a Wednesday we assumed this would be a safe option. Our daughter chose a pork dish and her friend ordered the fish and chips. We waited well over 45 mins and nobody came to apologise for the delay. I asked about the delay but was told it was being plated up but we still had to wait further. We were later told there was a problem with the microwave and other kitchen equipment. I wondered what was being microwaved?
Eventually the meal arrived, my steak was swimming in blood, not very appetising to look at. I send it back to be cooked a bit more. My husband didn’t realise his was undercooked, until he started to eat it. The chips, sold as triple cooked, were soft and anemic looking. My daughter’s meal was smothered in pepper.
I ate a mouthful of steak and started to choke. I resolved the situation and took another mouthful when I realised it had a long hair attached to it! I think the other mouthful had a hair on it and that was what had caused the choking. I didn’t eat any more. I looked at my husband’s plate and it was swimming in blood, he wasn’t happy but he was hungry and tried to eat it but eventually he gave up, he also left the under cooked chips. My daughter left most of her food.
I called the waitress, explained what had happened and said I expected it to be reflected in the bill. She went away and returned with the bill. The manager had deducted the price of one meal but he hadn’t come over to apologise.
Needless to say we won’t return. I noticed two other customers leaving plates full. I also asked about the banging noise, which we thought was somebody hammering but it was the swing doors! Not a pleasant environment.

1  Thank David G
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This bed and breakfast was excellent value for money. We had been coasteering near by in the day, so wanted to stay somewhere on the night that was warm and comfortable, where we didn't need to move again - which we didn't - all night! The pub was lovely with a great atmosphere and the food was exceptional. Excellent value with a lovely comfortable room, done out to a high standard. Breakfast was amazing, and staff were fantastic. I literally couldn't fault it if I wanted to.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful B&B, room was spotless. It was very cold in the room but staff were quick to turn on the heating. Food in the restaurant was excellent.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Beautifully decorated, we enjoyed two meals here in our short stay in Fishguard. Especially attentive staff on a Sunday.
Squid - my first try and was so tender both nights!
Haddock and chips in the lightest batter I've ever tasted on Sunday!!!
Lemon meringue pot - wow, just wow!!
Would thoroughly recommend!!