6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
Free cancellation until 20/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
Orbitz.comUS$804
CheapTicketsUS$804
PricelineUS$804
All reviews mr gore tapas plunge pool lunch and dinner rum punch watch the sunset nespresso machine shirley heights nonsuch bay fish sister resort other guests wardrobe space set the tone late checkout pool area is small location is beautiful
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2021 via mobile

We absolutely loved our romantic vacation at Escape. Our room had a stupendous view of the bay with amazing sunsets nightly. Who wouldn’t love the mini pool on our private terrace..... perfect for skinny dipping! The waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. My boyfriend & I love walking which we were able to do ..... 10 minute walk to the beach. Then we would kayak daily...... total fun with a breathtaking view. My sweetheart gave me this fabulous vacation as a gift.... he rocks!!! Also, I highly recommend taking the free 15 minute boat ride to Green Island. Snorkeling with sea turtles is always a pleasure. You won’t be disappointed with the cuisine at the only restaurant..... delicious! Plus, if your vacillating between which entree to order, they will serve you BOTH! The bartender makes pina colada’s that are phenomenal! I even took one “ to go” for the ride back to the airport! The resort is meticulous. I’ve traveled to 77 countries..... you will not be disappointed with this lovely destination! Perfect for the pandemic!!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 238oscarl
Reviewed 8 February 2021

We have stayed here for 3 weeks during our workation to escape the strict Covid rules back in the Netherlands. We were planning to stay here for only 2 weeks, but we extended our stay another week while we're there. This must say something about this hotel already. The rooms are absolutely amazing: everything you need is there and the view is breathtaking, every single day. What makes this hotel more special is firstly the fact that you can also use the facilities of the other hotel on the other side of the hill including an infinity pool and a small beach. Secondly: the amazing Green Island. The free transfer to this island goes twice a day and the island is just unbelievable (we've been 9 times oops). Besides that the water is crystal clear and the sand amazingly white, the purity of this island is unforgettable. Sometimes there literally was no one else and you really feel like you're on your privat island. The restaurant was cosy and the food was excellent. I really can not understand why people can complain about the diversity of the food (like the one below). The quality of the food is really good and the menu differs every day. You can choose from several dishes every day (a couple of appetizers, starters, mains and desserts). They make sure there is something for everyone; fish, meat, vegetarian etc. In my opinion you're absolutely spoiled if you are not satisfied with this. And then last, but absolutely not least: the staff members. Maxine, Mauricia, Teny-Ann, Petrina, Naisha, Filson, Tanya and all other staff members: you are amazing. Every day you've put a smile on our face and treated us like your family. We'll definitely come back! Thank you so much! Bas & Bas

Room tip: Go to Green Island
Date of stay: January 2021
6  Thank baswierda1
Reviewed 3 February 2021

Apparently I must lie on my review according to Miss Sheena. I’m writing a review based on my own personal experience and it wasn’t a pleasant one. Question is, why are you so upset about my review? Are you stealing from these hardworking people? Will this review cost you your job? What is it really? Instead of trying to resolve things, you’re worried about the wrong things.
Please do NOT fall for the five star review at this place. If I can prevent another couple from experiencing the poor and lackadaisical care from this resort, I will do my best to make the owner aware.
When I booked this vacation, I was under the impression I would be getting an All-Inclusive stay with an in room mini bar; however, that was not the case. The room did not have a mini-bar. There was only one kid size box of milk with two bottles of water, which tasted horrible by the way. Then...... if you decided to order a Lobster or a Steak meal, they would charge your card on file. Please keep in mind, all the menus are limited especially the lunch menu and they all have prices attached to them. I'm not writing this review to get anything free because I have no problem paying for anything, but when you're being misinformed by people who think your money isn't valuable, that's another story.
Another thing to keep in mind is, some of the staff cater more to white people. They made sure they are offered everything there is to be offered at the resort and let’s not talk about the accommodations. Imagine there were two guests who refused to tolerate the sound of music while seated at the restaurant. Really?? Even while they were in their room and they heard music, they'd call the front desk to complain. Of course the front desk called my room to ask if I was playing music. So after 12pm, on a Saturday afternoon, you're not allowed to listen to music to please others? Okkkkkk.... I'm guessing their money holds more value than mine since I paid a whole lot for basically bland food, poor service (from some) and listen to a miserable guest complain every day. Additionally, there are lots of ants that travel in the room and the bug spray weren't helping at all. The location was not a problem for me since we had a car and my husband is from there. Let's not forget to salute Mauricia, Lawrence, Terry-anne, and Andre (Can't remember the rest of the names) who made me and husband's stay fun and laid back. They're all so personable and jovial. They did their utmost best to make sure we were comfortable at all times and it's crystal clear that these individuals work their hardest to make a living and the turnaround from management is poor. If there aren't any guests coming in, there won't be any money to make right? Food for thought.
Miss Sheena: Your attitude and extreme disgust look you have on your face when addressing your staff, is quite visible. I honestly don't know why the owner have you representing his company this way. Try having a conversation with your reflection. It might help you overcome being miserable. Just a tiny observation I realized during my trip.

Room tip: There are a lot of ants that travel in your room at night when sleeping
Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank Trice J
Ian Fraser, Owner at Escape at Nonsuch Bay Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Dear Trice,
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.
The Escape attempts to be a tranquil, relaxed and serene experience. Playing of loud music tends to disrupt this tranquility and is why we sometimes ask guests, who rarely play loud music, to be more discreet. We regret that you apparently were offended.
Sheena has worked for the Company for many years and has never been described in the terms you have chosen; quite the contrary. She is an exemplary employee.
We are at a loss to understand your suggestion that staff, all of whom are Caribbean people, might "cater more to white people".
With best wishes,

Reviewed 20 January 2021

Thank you to all who looked after us so fabulously over Xmas and New Year. Your hotel is a sheer delight, rooms are magnificent and the food delicious and plentiful.

A highly valued escape - especially in such troubled times. We had a great time.

1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 18 January 2021

We flew out on December 28th and had a week of heaven at The Escape at
NonSuch Bay.
The room was incredible, spectacular views, great food and lovely friendly team of people working there.
Every single person was lovely but special thanks to Peter and June for making sure there was always a yummy drink at hand.
The Old Year's Eve party was fantastic - fireworks, dancing and live music. Truly amazing.
Happy New Year everyone!

Room tip: Rooms each have their own plunge pool which is great fun!