Open today: 09:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Amazing

Found myself a new friend today had the most wonderful day with my mam horse riding in Kenmare... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2020
I4000JWellenp
Beautiful trek with really beautiful ponies.

My kids aged 7 and 10 had an hour long pony trek today. They loved every minute of it. My daughter... read more

Reviewed 22 August 2020
9eavanf

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

Joyce was a wonderful host. It’s so good to see someone take Covid19 precautions from the off. Temp checks and sterile safety equipment. Horse were super to ride and on a really enjoyable family experience for all abilities and at great value. Thanks again Joyce.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank firestationstrip
Reviewed 18 October 2019

My husband and I had the pleasure of coming to Kenmere for our honeymoon; since childhood I have always dreamt of riding a horse. We were so happy to find this stables and what a gem it is!
Joyce and Sonya took impeccable care for us. The scenery was beyond quixotic which combined with the well loved horses gave us a once in a lifetime experience never to be forgotten. This adventure has made us fall in love with horses even more than we did, to fall in love with Kenmere and to feel a tranquility that you simply cannot get at home. A fantastic experience and huge thanks to Joyce for keeping us safe, patiently teaching us and for being so funny and kind. It was a joy and pleasure.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

We didn't stay at the Lodge, but had the chance to go on a horseback riding tour with Joyce and her partner. It was a pleasure to experience the well trained horses, especially for our two year old son who was super proud to be sitting on a horse for a while. All he is talking about ever since is this remarkable experience. As a concerned mother I felt secure and good with the experienced guides from River Valley Stables. Very reasonable prices and great company. We will definitely come back next year!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Ira M
Reviewed 22 October 2018

My daughter went on a two hour private hack last week and had a lovely time. The horses are well cared for rescue horses, so its great that they are given a new happy life with caring owners and are very well mannered, testament to the dedication and patience of the staff here. Very reasonably priced, and a lovely route up the mountain with a view over the sea. She even had a mini lesson whilst on her hack. Perfect. Highly recommended. Thanks for a lovely experience.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I was lucky to go on a three hour ride into the mountains today. It was a very pleasant. My guide was lovely company and a great guide. The Horses are very well kept, in great shape and extremely reliable. Thank you so much for this awesome tour!

Date of experience: April 2018