“Best trip ever”

A Rural Experience - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Gowran
Reviewed 26 September 2016

My husband and I were planning a trip to Ireland to last 12 days and knew we didn't want a standard bus tour nor did we want to drive. I contacted Rebecca at A Rural Experience and together we planned a trip that included all the places we wanted to see and others we didn't know we should see. She was fantastic! Very patient, she answered emails in a timely fashion and put together a great itinerary. Tom, our driver picked us up at the airport and away we went. He was knowledgeable, funny, good company and a good driver. The great thing about using A Rural Experience is that you never felt rushed when you were visiting anyplace. Tom gave us the time and was there when we were ready to leave. He was ready with alternatives if the weather got too dicey (which in our case it really didn't). Our advise, if you are planning a trip to Ireland is to use A Rural Experience. We cannot say enough good things about them.

IrishRuralTours, Owner at A Rural Experience - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Wow Susan thank you both for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure designing your tour and I looked forward to our emails.

I hope we get to meet again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 16 September 2016

This was my 3rd trip to Ireland and by far the best. Trip 1, we rented a car and used Rick Steves' book as our guide. Trip 2, we took mass transit / trains and buses and Rick Steves' book as our guide. But on this 3rd trip, we went with a private driver/ guide through A Rural Experience and it was by far the best of all 3 trips! Eddie, our driver/ guide (because he is much more than a driver), made our trip fun, relaxing and stress free. He is very knowledgeable about the area and we did the entire country, Eddie has a great sense of humor and lovely singing voice - go ahead- ask him to sing you a song :). When plans to see Skellig Michael were cancelled because of bad weather and the boats not running, Eddie found an alternative, the beautiful Cliffs of Kerry.....spectacular and peaceful (unlike the tourist flooded Cliff of Moher). If you're looking for the best fish & chips in the country, just ask Eddie.....he knows ..... and it is amazing! Also, you can have a pint with that fish and not a worry. Becky, our tour planner/ organizer, set up our entire itinerary making suggestions along our route for fun and interesting sights and activities. When our plans changed at the last minute and we needed an extra night of lodging, Becky came to the rescue with a recommendation for a fine B&B. She returns emails in a flash and you really do feel like you have family or a best friend taking care of you. This is the way to do it people! This is a family owned business where delighting the customer is the way they do business.

IrishRuralTours, Owner at A Rural Experience - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Oh my gosh Diane thank you for your amazing review. I had so much fun designing this tour with you and I honestly believe I have made friends for life.

Eddie I believe had as much fun with you all as you all did.

Let's make sure you have a 4tg trip back to Ireland.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I would highly recommend A Rural Experience for a guided tour of Ireland. Tom was a very knowledgeable, pleasant and fun "ambassador". Our tour picked us up in Dublin, guided us down to Waterford, through and into County Cork, the Ring of Kerry, the Dingle Peninsula and the Cliffs of Moher. We did this in about three days and the pace was perfect. Tom knew how to get us to around and had interesting facts about all the places we traveled. Kept us on schedule without feeling rushed. It truly was like traveling with an Ireland friend. I am also a runner and was able to get up every morning and explore some of the less seen places. Made my experience even better. Highly recommend Killarney National Park! Oh -- and I enjoyed my lunch of fish and chips with Tom at his favorite place! :)

IrishRuralTours, Owner at A Rural Experience - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and pictures.

Tom said you were a pleasure to tour with and it didn't feel at all like work. He said he has made friends for life. Hopefully you will get to return again to Ireland.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Our recent trip to Ireland was enhanced by Tom, our driver, His knowledge of Ireland made our trip so interesting. He was also a great companion and story teller.
We left him feeling we had made a friend in Ireland.

1  Thank aabonfante
IrishRuralTours, Owner at A Rural Experience - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write a review.

Tom said he had a wonderful tour with you all and hopes to see you all again in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Tom picked us up in the morning, he was great has a lot of fun stories and knowledge to share. He kept us on our toes through out the whole tour. They worked with our schedule and drove us over to Waterford at the end of the day!