All reviews large garden wonderful hosts visiting the area quiet location comfortable beds bed and breakfast biscuits conservatory cereal tv bedroom oxford
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I stayed here for a night before a birthday lunch at The Manor hotel nearby. We arrived rather late but they were kind and welcoming. It is a modern house in the owners built in the grounds of their old home. It has lovely traditional furniture and paintings in the hall and is comfortable with wifi and other modern facilities. The twin bedroom my daughter and I had was spacious, with TV, attached shower room and small kitchen. It also had a side door with outside fire escape type steps down to the gated area in front of the house where my car was parked which was convenient because I could go out to collect things I had forgotten to bring from the car without disturbing anyone. We could have had practically anything we liked for breakfast - they had a selection of cereals and cooked food available. I had fruit salad (freshly made with apple, grapes, cherries, mango and kiwi fruit) and a warm croissant. My daughter had Cocopops. We ate breakfast in a conservatory looking out over a large beautifully kept garden. It was a restful and uplifting experience. Our kind hosts also remembered that we were having lunch at the hotel nearby the next day and brought round a phone charger I had left in the room - many thanks!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bryony H
jbrownwest, Owner at Westfield Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Many thanks to all our guests for their kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Oh you must stay here if in the area. If you're here to shop at Bicester Village this is nice and close. Anne and John Brown were most welcoming and helpful hostess. We had a twin room with a private bathroom in the adjoining hall. The shower was divine with plenty of hot water and the water pressure was top wack! They do own dogs. They are border terriers but it is rare to be allergic to the hair of the border terrier for those suffering with dog allergies. John and Anne will keep them clear of you and you won't know they are there if you're not a dog lover. I am a dog lover and enjoyed meeting their two happy little dogs. The rooms are well equipped and cozy with a little refrigerator in the room. It does make a noise at night but John said to unplug it if it was a bother. Which we did. The breakfast was fabulous. Not just the food which included Anne's amazing homemade jams, but the views of their amazingly well groomed large garden was just so inviting that after our breakfast we went on a wee walk about. It was cozy British, and a welcoming spot to lay your head for the night, or more if you have the time.

Room tip: Either room would be pleasing I'm sure!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhonda J
jbrownwest, Owner at Westfield Court House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Thank you, Rhonda for your very kind words. We very much enjoy meeting all our guests and hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Westfield Court is even better than it appears to be on the internet. My wife and I stayed one night in the room with an additional entry via an outside staircase, an en suite shower room and a small kitchenette, stocked with fresh milk, mineral water, cans of Coke, biscuits and a variety of teas/coffee. The twin- bedded room was large enough to accommodate a sofa comfortably and looked out over the garden. The bedroom and bathroom were equipped with every conceivable item one could possibly want: torch, umbrella, alarm clock, free wi-fi, fly spray, various shampoos and soap, large towels, good quality bedding, hair drier - the list goes on.
Breakfast was served in the downstairs conservatory. A continental breakfast is included in the price but we opted for a cooked breakfast for an extra £5 per head, including free range eggs from the garden. Again, everything was top quality with many nice detailed touches. After breakfast we walked round the wonderful garden with its wide variety of plants, including the sweet peas which filled the vases in the house.

Finally, Thank you to John and Anne, who were charming and attentive hosts. In sum, it wasn't cheap but we will remember Westfield Court as an example of English B&B at its very best.

Room tip: The room with the outside staircase was just perfect.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2015

Beautifully kept and maintained property. Owner extremely helpful and friendly. Lovely garden with excellent breakfast served in conservatory overlooking it. A very comfortable and peaceful nights stay.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2015

If I had one to place, I'd put an inukshuk here. In my rather extended stay in Weston-On-The-Green, I was exceedingly well looked after. John and Anne are wonderful hosts and went out of their way to help me with trains, bus schedules and sundry bits. February was quite rainy and on a couple of days, when I was driven back indoors by the weather, it was lovely to lift the catch on the gate and walk back in to my cozy suite and make a tea. An inukshuk is the symbol of 'being on the right path' in travel. You certainly are when you come here.

Date of stay: February 2015