All reviews neptune's staircase caledonian canal ben nevis bistro restaurant superior room lovely hotel new wing bar meals two night stay lovely room the jacobite steam train no lift fort william biscuits spent two nights cooked breakfast stayed for one night
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Our first stop on a car trip up the west coast of Scotland. We found the moorings a lovely comfortable hotel with a friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was truly Scottish and nicely cooked. Bedroom was very clean and comfortable. Staff helpful and considerate we couldn't have asked for more. Would definitely recommend this fine hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MooringsTeam, Manager at The Moorings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Good Afternoon Ann,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and we do hope to welcome you back to the Moorings Hotel!

Kind Regards
Moorings Management Team

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Fantastic hotel, first class location right next to neptunes staircase, Room was modern and large, great balcony overlooking the locks of Neptunes Staircase. Bathroom was very modern with gallons of hot water. Breakfast very good with nice selection on buffet bar. Dined in the bistro and the food was well presented and good value for money,

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bobwhitby
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely friendly hotel, takes dogs, very nice bar where we ate, as wedding was to be in restaurant next day. Right at end of Caledonian canal, great walks up it, terrific views of Ben Nevis.
Room was very comfortable, good bathroom and toiletries. Would happily stay again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Wow what a lovely hotel, room was amazing , could sit out on the balcony and watch boats travelling up or down Neptune’s Staircase. Good breakfast , friendly staff, can’t find anything bad about this hotel. It deserves 110%

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I had a two night stay here as I was working in Fort William.

My room was a good size and was comfortable. The staff members that I met during my stay were very friendly and seemed to be genuinely interested in making sure my stay was good.
The wifi connection was very good and I was able to work in my room on the evenings.
Breakfast was very good, a lovely hot and cold selection. I did have room service on one evening of my stay which was served very quickly, and was perfect after a long day.
There is a good amount of car parking available, the hotel is about a 10 minute drive from Fort William centre.

Date of stay: October 2017