“Fantastic restaurant in beautiful settings”
Review of The Grouse Inn

The Grouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Carrog
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2020

We stopped here for lunch and had not prebooked. However , we were accommodated and chose to sit outside under the canopy as it was a lovely day.
The views are spectacular!
We were served promptly by a young friendly waitress with a very welcoming smile.
The menu was great with plenty of choice .
This was a recommended to us and I’m so glad we visited.

3  Thank Lesley B
Write a reviewReviews (419)

Reviewed 29 August 2020

Booked table for 7pm, still waiting at 9pm for food to come out, when asked was told it had only just been started, not happy

2  Thank S7447ILjulief
Reviewed 19 August 2020

Well organised visit to the Grouse in this marvellous village overlooking the River Dee. Menus were available via the website (we could scan the QR code on the table, which was pretty innovative) or they had paper menus for the less technically gifted. I've got to say, the gammon was cooked to perfection, really tender and not too salty. The rest of the family enjoyed their meals too.

4  Thank Hudd_White
Reviewed 17 August 2020

Great spot and good quality pub grub. The staff we great and attentive. I had the house special chicken curry and my partner had the scampi, good food.

2  Thank I8857OYjamesa
Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

Visited here on the Monday with the family and weren't disappointed. The covid rules were clear with hand sanitizer at the entrance and a one way system around the pub. The menus had to be scanned via QR codes which was simple enough to do. We had a starter, kids meal and two adult meals which consisted of the lamb stew and the steak and stout pie. All the staff were very polite, attentive and efficient since we had arrived and all followed covid rules. The food was delicious with no complaints at all as we left feeling content and happy. Obviously at times staff do make mistakes but don't listen to poor reviews as the truth can be stretched. The staff were great including the landlady and walked past on a regular basis and asked if we had a nice meal. They would have been there if we had any issues. No staff should be spoken to and shouted at like we saw a customer do, who pointed at us to make his point and I would like to point out we are not locals. He can be quite happy to take his business elsewhere if I was the owner. Give them a try and make you own mind but I will pop in when I'm driving through in the future.

3  Thank partonj