“Excellent food at reasonable prices”

Basil Leaf Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Opened in October , A really pleasant surprise
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We both choose a veal dish: my wife a veal Marsala, me a veal rollatini. Both were excellent, very tasty, and the serving were most generous. For wine, we selected a bottle of Modus by Ruffino, a superb supertuscan that costed only $ 48. The service was very good, fast, unobtrusive and courteous. The general ambiance was most agreeable with a lot of regulars congregating around the bar.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful pasta and marinara sauce for children. The pasta was al dente and the sauce was bursting with fresh tomato flavor. A perfect serving size (and price) for young children. One child added a meatball, the other added a sausage and they both were very pleased and happily ate everything. I ordered the Caesar salad which was fresh and crispy with a delicious dressing on the side.

I wasn’t expecting to have a nice leisurely lunch but it was a welcome little oasis during a busy day of shopping. It was a nice change of pace from the “casual dining” and fast food options in the area. I was really pleased that the children got to enjoy an authentic Italian meal with a friendly wait staff. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Be sure to order Utica Greens, come in mild , medium and hot, I recommend the medium, They have a chicken breast dinner that comes with Utica greens, it is excellent,

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I love this place, I come here sometimes at the bar just to make an order of Utica Greens to go. We went there on our Anniversary. We had a great dinner, I had Chicken Riggies HOT and wife had Shrimp Scampi both were great, and they bought us an anniversary drink to boot, I will def go back and tell everyone to go there, chefs are form Utica and know the history of Utica Greens. !!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Stopped for a late lunch. Food was good, but bread brought to the table was rock hard. Had to wonder where it was before it got to me. The waitress offered to "cut us some fresh bread". Isn't that what should have been done in the first place? My wife tried to use the restroom, but it was too dirty. It's the little things that make the difference between a good restaurant & great one. Fresh bread, clean restrooms and fewer employees on their cellphones