1,687 results
All reviews spa break q hotels stretton fox spa staff relaxation room lounge bar light lunch ceiling fan good size restaurant manager evening meal leisure facilities night break lovely hotel spa area local pub birthday treat
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

First night away from the kids in years and what a lovely place to do it in! We were met with such a warm welcome from the reception staff and that was the start of a thoroughly relaxing stay. The spa was great for a swim and unwind and the food and service in the restaurant were top class. The Hotel is immaculately clean and the staff are very friendly resulting in a very enjoyable stay indeed. Many thanks!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
James P, General Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2016

JKeegan84
Thank you for your review, I am delighted your weekend away was made to be a special occasion! Time is precious, thank you for choosing Park Royal to enjoy your leisure break.
Annie Brown

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Have stayed at other Q Hotels which have been great, again this one has not disappointed. Prior to my stay I contacted them to see about an upgrade as me and my partner were celebrating our 12th anniversary, no problems with this request. On arrival reception were very friendly, check in smooth.
Room was a superior king and very lovely, nice decoration, lovely large bed and a lovely treat of chocolates in the shape of a heart on the bed.
Didn't use the pool as when we went down it was busy, but all looked very nice and clean.
Booked into the topiary for our evening meal. Lovely choice on the menu, food very tasty and complimentary prosseco for our anniversary. Lovely friendly staff that know how to treat their guests.
Breakfast was a good choice, my only gripe was coffee too strong and stewed and orange juice no flavour, but for the whole experience I'm not going to complain.
Management should be very happy with their team, credit to the hotel, and a BIG Thank you for our enjoyable stay and little touches to help us celebrate.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
James P, Operations Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear Ellee79

Thanks so much for the FABULOUS 5 STAR review!

I had the pleasure of sharing your lovely comments with our team members this morning and needless to say they were all very delighted that you enjoyed such a relaxing and special anniversary.

It was so lovely to read that you noticed appreciated all of the little touches that were left for you and I'm glad that they put a smile on your face.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind regards and Best wishes

James

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I decided to hold my wife's suprise 50th dinner get together here. From the start the whole team where fantastic. They helped put my mind at ease, gave me suggestions how to make it better. During the run up they where always available and would answer any queries, no matter how small. The night itself could not have gone any better, the table lay out was great (thanks Reece), the bar manager was great, everyone had a full glass and he was always positive. The food was really good, everyone had empty plates, there was also a nice touch from the chef who wrote happy birthday on my wife's pudding.
I must give a special thank you to Adam who ran the whole event. He was very good and is an asset to this hotel.Nothing was to much trouble. If the Park Royal do anything, they must keep Adam.
Thank you to the whole team, you made my wife's night.
Would I recommend them, well, I have already booked Christmas Day on the strength of Friday for 9 of us, if its half as good it will be fabulous.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Dear we8united

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic 5 STAR review following your recent visit to the hotel to celebrate your wife's special birthday.

It certainly sounds like the surprise was executed superbly well and that all the guests enjoyed themselves accordingly. We have a very strong team ethic at the hotel and I am so pleased that you felt that they all worked hard to ensure that's your wife's celebration was one to remember!

Fantastic news that you are returning to us at Christmas with your family, we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in December.

Kind regards & Best Wishes

James

Reviewed 29 March 2016

This hotel has very well appointed rooms with all the standard amenities. The shower however was of the type installed above the bath, which is less accessible than the walk-in sort (an important consideration for those more mature people)! The bed was very comfortable though, with plenty of space, and the standard of room furnishings was very good.
The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful, with meal service being quick and efficient.
Breakfast was of the self service buffet type, with tea or coffee brought by waiters.The selection was quite impressive, with choices of cereals, fruit, bacon, sausages, eggs (fried & scrambled), mushrooms, tomatoes, beans etc. Toast was also available by means of a rather unpredictable conveyor toasting machine.
Dinners were rather uninspiring however, with a choice of fish, meat or vegetarian.The first night being Good Friday, I opted for fillet of trout but to my surprise, was served with a salmon steak! The dessert was fruit salad, which consisted mostly of tasteless apple and melon pieces with no cream or custard. On Saturday I decided to have chicken terrine (most of which I found unpalatable), followed by roast turkey breast with the usual trimmings. Unfortunately, a minor disaster occurred with this when the salt dispenser fell apart, resulting in a pile of salt being deposited on my meal. When this was pointed out to the waiter, I was asked (rather unnecessarily) whether I would like a replacement! Upon affirmation this was quickly served but whilst the turkey was very good, the trimmings were not up to scratch, with soggy roast potatoes, undercooked cabbage and indifferent stuffing. When I requested some cranberry sauce I was informed that there was none available (why?). The dessert was sorbet and ice cream which proved to be very nice. The staff were very apologetic and some amends were made by supplying me with a large glass of red wine as a consolation! The Easter Sunday meal consisted of prawn cocktail (obviously thawed from frozen & completely tasteless), roast pork loin (acceptable, but again soggy roast potatoes) and chocolate mousse (very sweet but quite nice).
This review, whilst rather critical, really has to be taken in the context of the difficulty of catering for a largish group (30 plus) with the obvious constraints in budgeting for an acceptable price to the tour company. I got the impression that most members of our group were satisfied, although a good few of my fellow travellers did agree with my assessments. The remainder of the hotel guests were served in a separate dining area and had much more choice from an a la carte menu. I have no doubt that this would have been far superior to the fare which we were served, so perhaps tour operators should consider offering a trip based on bed & breakfast, but with the option to dine from a fixed price meal or from the a la carte menu, paying extra but enabling one to eat as much or as little as desired.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be good. Hotel in a rural location so quietness not an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aygee2014

Dear Aygee2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review following your coach tour party stay with us last weekend.

It would appear that there were a number of areas of the hotel that you enjoyed but I am obviously a little disappointed by your feedback in general. We will certainly take the very detailed comments on board and use them to ensure that we are constantly improving our food product and customer service.

I very much hope that you will be considering us for future visits to the area and we look forward to welcoming you then.

Kind regards & Best wishes

James Pownall

Reviewed 28 March 2016

We returned from the Park Royal this afternoon having been there for the weekend. It was a friends wedding celebration being held at the hotel. From arriving into the hotel we felt relaxed and welcomed.
We had a viq room which was very well furnished, very clean, lots of extras like snacks and a drinks package. Robes to wear in the hotel or take down to the spa.
On the first night I had booked a facial in the spa which was very quick but lovely and the treatment rooms were beautiful.
The function room was looking a little tired and I felt that pehaps this could do with a little attention especially the paintwork on the stage area but the staff running my friends reception were very friendly and helpful and the food was lovely that they served.
We had Sunday dinner booked yesterday which was fantastic. Everyone loved what they had.
We had an afternoon in the spa/pool area and again facilities were lovely, very clean and well looked after. Staff very friendly and helpful.
We had drinks in the bar last night and the staff were very accommodating to helping when we asked for extra plates etc.
Overall we had a lovely break away, nothing to complain about. Very impressed with the standard of the hotel and will certainly try one of the other hotels in the Q hotel chain.
Lastly though we wanted to mention the staff who are amazing. Everything that was asked of them was met with a smile and a reply of "no problem!" 14 of us went down to breakfast together this morning as instead of grumbling or splitting us up the opened up another section of the restaurant for us without a hesitation and couldn't have been more pleasant and welcoming. Thank you for a truly lovely stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 170 and it was right at very end of long corridor so very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
James P, Operations Manager at The Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Dear MarkandLea1

Thank you to you both for your WONDERFUL 5 STAR review!

We enjoyed a fantastic weekend here which we all thoroughly enjoyed (glad to hear that the guests enjoyed it as well of course! :) ).

I am so glad that you enjoyed all of the aspects of your stay and I will look forward to sharing your lovely feedback with the team this afternoon. It really is a lovely time of year to hold a wedding and as I say, we have had a thoroughly enjoyable Easter season so thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Royal hotel some time in the future?

Kind regards & Best wishes