All reviews overland track six days tasmanian wilderness hot shower drying room mt ossa cradle mountain side trips tasmanian walking company great outdoors welcome sight glass of vino great company recommend this trip incredible experience tasmanian wines special dietary requirements
Reviewed 12 May 2017

April 4th 2017 departure.
Booking this hike was the main highlight of my planned trip to Tasmania. We were blessed, if one can say, on all aspects. The weather was great, blue skies or scattered clouds, little rain and fresh air which is essential for me for outdoors activities. The company pays attention to details. One can recognize that they have experience in organizing this trek. I believe they set high standards for themselves. The guides, Gemma and Grady, were great. They are very attentive to the customer's needs and always put them first. Their knowledge of the trail (fauna, flora, history, rocks) is excellent. I had worked out with a trek program at the gym prior to the trip and I believe it was all worth it. It allowed me to enjoy my trip even more as I was never soar and did not have any injuries. Having the luxury of the huts and the wonderful food cooked for us was simply sublime. It makes you appreciate your day even more. We had an amazing group. I was the only non-Aussie one as I came from Montreal, Canada. I got a wonderful welcome and Aussie crash course during my trip. I simply love Australians for their positive spirits. We did an amazing team. Few people knew each other and we all bonded.
I highly recommend this trek. As they say in one of my books on the best 1001 treks to do in the world, this is Australia's best one.
I wish you will enjoy as much as I did.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 1LouBar
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I was a solo guest on the Cradle Mountain Huts Walk but never felt alone throughout my trip on the Overland Track. We had a full group of like minded travellers all set for an outdoor adventure in forecasted wet and cold weather, but what we got was rather remarkable. We had very little rain, lots of sun, blue skies and falling snow, magic! It was just perfect.

Our Guides, Pat and Nick were welcoming, caring, experienced and most of all, incredibly passionate about this wonderful part of the world. They provided us with stories of locals, history of the park and lots of information regarding the flora and fauna of the area whilst promoting Eco Tourism. The Fungi throughout the trip was another highlight as was the guides encouraging us to walk solo through some of the forested areas.

The lodgings were simple comfort with heating, excellent drying room facilities and hot hot showers.

The food far exceeded my expectations considering the challenges of providing fresh healthy meals for a remote 6 day trek. Pat and Nick specialised in different food prep areas (Pat was awesome at breakfast varieties and Nick was most definitely the baker!)

I loved being guided through this Tasmanian Wilderness. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who likes to explore the great outdoors in an element of comfort and having everything thought of for you. Tasmanian Walking company offers a professional and fun trip. Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 842FemaleNomad44
Reviewed 9 April 2017

We recently (early March) did the 6 day Cradle Mountain Overland trek. We were very fortunate to have great weather and great travelling companions. The scenery was spectacular, with different experiences every day .... lakes, mountains, waterfalls and serene forests. The side trip options were great and catered for everyone's capabilities. The comfortable well equipped huts were a welcome sight at the end of each day, a chance to relax and reflect on another great day in the Tasmanian wilderness. The knowledge and passion of our guides for this pristine environment really added to the overall experience. Their cooking skills were also very impressive, delicious hearty meals every day. We had some mixed emotions as we reached Lake St Clair, and although we were very glad to take our boots and packs off we felt sad that it was over. Looking forward to some more trekking with this company.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

My partner and I walked the Overland Trail in March 2017, and it was the highlight of our 6 week trip to Australia. The environment was spectacularly beautiful wilderness. Our guides were friendly and knowledgeable; and they looked after us with great attention to detail and individual characters/needs. I also want to mention that the company were very efficient and generous in sorting out the fact that we actually missed the start due to a mistake I made regarding the date/day. They not only were able to offer another opportunity a few days later, but also investigated the email trail. When they found I had quoted the wrong day in an email to them a few days before the trip, they apologised for not picking up on it and volunteered a significant contribution to my costs in rearranging. I would recommend the Tasmania Walking Company to anyone thinking of exploring this part of the world.

Room Tip: Cradle Huts are in a remote wilderness area. They are extremely well organised and provisioned.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience with Cradle Mtn Huts. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Our guides, Angela and Nick, were fantastic. Friendly and professional. Their passion for the Tasmanian wilderness shone through and made the walk an unforgettable experience for me.
The huts were warm and comfortable whilst still maintaining the "bush" feel. Great Tasmanian food and wine too.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo