See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2016

And so it is its popular name: sitting atop an Escambray Mountain range rock outcropping, this Kurhotel was masterminded by president Fulgencio Batista in the 1940's. It combines Health tourism with unmatched surroundings in the midst of this thick sub-tropical forest. Do not miss out the trekking possibilities in the area!

Date of stay: September 2015
3  Thank TourGuide-Manager
Reviewed 4 May 2016

You cannot imagine that this really happens. I had a room so dirty, without a floor, the window could not close. Sanitary was miserable. At the end of the corridor, so I had no towels, the douche did not work and the door was poorly repaired. I was reallly scared to stay there. he food was beyond every reasonable standard. You pay internet but have only a few seconds connection but your time passes. So noce you are logged in again, you have to pay another session with the same resulT; No one helps you, no one is friendly. I cannot add pictures because I could not load my iphone.

Room tip: A real disaster.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ubajaan
Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

By far the strangest place I've ever stayed. It looks like an insane asylum and you start to feel that way after a while. The cold was not only in the mountain but also within the building. The buffet for dinner & breakfast was questionable and seemed as though they just threw together their rations unexpectedly.
Had a cockroach on my blanket but otherwise everything looked clean.
Coffee bar down the road is great and the stray dogs seem healthier than in the cities. Made jokes that they must be eating the travellers.
It was an experience.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed 26 January 2016

This hotel (former hospital) is perfect example of communist era, old beat-up Russian trucks coming every morning to pickup tourists going to visit national park, I had to pinch myself in the morning that this is real and I had big flashbacks in my memory because I have seen this picture as a kid long ago when my country was occupied by Russia. You will feel out of place with tons of questions on your mind everywhere you look. Beds are very basic, you will enjoy this concrete beast located in beautiful rain forest.

Room tip: Stayed on 6th floor main building - amazing view
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kaky11
Reviewed 9 December 2015

We stayed one night at this hotel on an excursion.
The place was clean but cold and in the middle of nowhere.
We had hoped to get a taxi down to Trinidad for the evening but the road was too poor and dark.
Breakfast was good and dinner better than the hotel in Jibacoa!
OK for 1 night but is still used as a hospital and feels very odd.

Date of stay: December 2015