Six Senses Laamu is an absolutely magical spot. From the moment you arrive at the local airport and are whisked by speedboat to the island, you feel like you have....."arrived".
Attention to detail is superb. You will feel like island royalty as you enjoy one of the exquisitely adorned villas, each with their own special part of the island made into your personal jungle or ocean playland.
From the nourishing juice shots before each meal, specially crafted for their health benefits, to the turn down service that prepares you for divine rest, nothing is overlooked. The staff is gracious and will become like family, you will never forget the brilliant light in their eyes or their engaging smiles as they ensure that your stay in paradise is as perfect as possible.
Like to be barefoot? This is the island for you- after a week with the sand in your toes you will realize that shoes are definitely over-rated.
The food is incredible, and the array of cuisine from Maldivian to Sri Lankan to Indian to Thai to Japanese, fusion and then some will wake your taste buds up to food experiences that you perhaps have never had. Meeting the chefs and engaging with them during the bi-weekly buffets is a great opportunities for foodies to dive into the cultures of their passion. A daily ice cream cone from the handmade selection is the perfect way to keep cool.
The water sports center is fully stocked with top of the line equipment. Marc and Petra at Ocean Dimensions will ensure that you will not be bored- from wake boarding to kayaking to surf, windsurf, kite, and stand up, grab a board and go! It's never too late to start. Go diving and snorkeling and explore the surrounding reefs, full of wildlife and coral gardens that will blow your mind. I loved seeing the dolphin pods swim by in the afternoons, and swimming in the school of fishes that congregate around the reeflines.
I had some really amazing spa treatments, including acupuncture with a visiting acupuncturist that was some of the best I have had anywhere in the world. They put great care into hand selecting their practitioners and ensuring they offer unique treatments and inspire the holistic wellness experience. The treatment rooms are "nests", appropriately designed for the nourishment of their practices.
Watching movies in the open air jungle cinema, under the galaxy, is a 5 shooting star experience.
Keep an eye out for the lizards and mystical bats that are your neighbors, and don't miss checking out the amazing array of fauna and flora as you walk through the jungle and realize...you are a welcome guest at this island oasis.
My experience at Laamu was fundamentally shifting for me. When I travel I like to- through my experiences- grow, develop and change, so that I can be more present, cultured, alive and well. Six Senses Laamu offers all of this. As I rode the boat away and waved to all of the people who had become like family to me, I knew it would not be long before I would be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dolphins spin all along the shores of Six Senses Laamu, located in the pristine Laamu Atoll. From Male’ Airport, it is just a forty minute flight along the beautiful Maldivian coastline followed by a short speed boat trip. Offering 97 villas, both overwater and on the beach, and an abundance of dining options, water sports, spa and other great activities. Service is second to none with your butler overseeing every need from arrival to departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Six Senses Laamu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Laamu
- Six Senses Laamu Hotel Olhuveli Island
- Six Senses Laamu Laamu Atoll, Maldives