“Yum”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Great food. Lovely spot to eat with great view. Authentic Italian experience. We very much enjoyed our meals and gellato. Fantastic service as well.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Took the grandchildren to the cafe for morning tea. Not too busy so it was relaxing to enjoy our spiders and coffee. The cafe was spotlessly clean. The service was friendly and quick. The cakes and treats!!! Have to go back to try more. They looked like authentic Italian varieties and mouth wateringly good!! Displays were very eye catching.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Always enjoy a meal at this informal family restaurant. Really friendly service. Good food according to my family best gnocchi and bezt Margherita pizza. I had snapper special and was delicious

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed. Busy place looked promising but most were people on holiday! Garlic bread tasted like was supermarket home brand. Mushrooms in carbonara weren't fresh. Worst of all was the pizza - dried out thick base tasted like supermarket crap but margarita had dried herbs on top. Kids said dominos is better. It's not hard to do Italian food it's basic simple and fresh.

2  Thank davidgD4652GF
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I should have trusted the other reviews of this place but wrongly believed that an Italian family couldn't make bad pizza and coffee. I was wrong on both counts! We were originally going to eat in but when we asked to look at the menu & prices and the waiter refused to show the menu but just commented that they were a "bit more expensive" we decided that takeaway might be the safer option. We had takeaway pizza and lasagna and the lasagne was ok and the pizza looked ok but then the pizza base was just awful - hard and dry and tasteless like cardboard with a slight bicarb soda flavour. My daughter and I had a couple of slices but threw the rest of it away - the fact that I found a black hair (possibly armpit) in it probably didn't help the pizza enjoyment. It is so sad that this place which looks cute and is in a gorgeous setting looking out over the bay is such a let down.
Silly me went back for a takeaway coffee a couple of days later again on the stereotype that Italians make great coffee and after paying the standard 5.50 for a large flat white which Is ok I ended up with a drink that was so weak that I had to add a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee to the tepid dishwater like mix to make it actually taste like coffee! If you want a good cup of coffee at shoal bay go to Pennyweight and not Gianni's.
Finally though if you do want good gelato then the little stall outside Gianni's doesn't disappoint.

1  Thank EnjayF