“Romantic”

Siargao Bleu Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in General Luna
Reviewed 11 February 2016

I highly recommend this place. If you want quiet and romantic time with your love one. From the manager to the staff excellent service. Beautiful smiles....
Good food. Get a massage by the beach or romantic dinner. It can be arrange...

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

My last vacation was quite a nice surprise. We had a family vacation with my brother's family and my mom to Siargao. Initially, it was the idea of surfing again after so many years of being away from Huntington beach in California.

The plane ride was a littlelong since it needs to go via Cebu but it was all worth the wait. The first time we walked in, I was already in love with the place.

The hotel staff were great. John Garcia, the manager, was quite helpful with all our arrangements. Our guide Miguel was not only helpful, he was also a great foodie and recommended different food local to Siargao.

The hotel food was really good. Probably too good which is why they ran out after a day with some stuff. Chili crab at the hotel is too good. It's a must to order. Order in advance if you want bigger crabs. You'll need cholesterol pills after.

Best thing also is that it's only a few minutes away from Cloud 9 and the restaurant Kermit.

Being an environmentally conscious place, they shuttle people in nearby location using an electric jeep. Our driver during that day was non other than the owner of the place Michelle since all the drivers were already out and about. She was so helpful and introduced us to the local people they'd like the local surf heroes and made us feel like we've been friends for a long time.

Surely, you'll need at least a week here to relax and unwind. They also have a spa. You have to get the stone massage. I can just go back even for the massage since it's really too good.

I'm looking forward in finding a good excuse to visit again. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Siargao Bleu is a prime destination for anyone who is in for a relaxed and chill stay, the view is fantastic and is super peaceful too. The food was heavenly and the service was great! The people who worked in the hotel was also kind enough to show us around the hotel premises. All in all it is a wonderful hotel to stay in, one of the best I have ever been in! Can't wait to get back again! Fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Where is the owner??? This place looks lovely but everything about the experience was terrible. It feels as though the owner has spent on building it and is penny pinching on staff, service and food. Siargao Bleu positions itself as a luxury resort but it's anything but. Luxury means effortless - it's how it feels. I've had more luxury at the Boardwalk cafe than here.
Where do I start??
It took 30 minutes and 2 reminders to get my bag to my room.
My room was full of mosquitos.
The room was not made up either day I was there. Apparently you have to ask????
No towels by the pool so you have to use your bath towel. And the same towels as they aren't changed. The pool was cloudy and dirty. No umbrellas or cushions on the places set up by the beach for sitting.
I only had one meal - that was one too many. The poor waitresses clearly have not been given any training on guest service, like everyone here they wanted to help so it's not them, it's very bad management. And I don't mean the poor guy on the front desk who seems to be a one man band trying to do everything and please everyone but thereby not giving good experience overall.
To make up for my room not being done (and thereby admitting it was a mistake...) I was offered a small discount and a free ride to the airport. Seriously - why not just have the staff to make up the room????
The 'free' ride turned out to start with a 30 minute wait sitting in the van outside a neighbouring resort while some other guests from this place ate their breakfast at the restaurant. Very sensible if them but it would have been nice to have been told ....I could at least have got out while I waited.
The wifi didn't work, the manager blamed the network but I had no problems with my mobile data card.
The whole experience was anything but restful.

Spend a bit more and stay at Kalinaw or at Isla Cabana where you will be properly looked after. Or spend a bit less and hang at Kermit. All of these places offer better food, service, and ambiance.

Don't judge a book by its cover. The 1 star is for the location. Great site, shame about everything else.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Sally H
SiargaoBleu, General Manager at Siargao Bleu Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear Sally H,
I regret to read that you were disappointed during your stay us. certainly this is not reflective of our Siargao Bleu Hospitality & Service. Please accept our sincerest apologies and I request that you email me directly at jgarciasiargaobleu@gmail.com should you wish to discuss this further. My team and I thru your valuable insights will definitely improve on all your comments and we thank you for staying with us.

John Garcia

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Breathtaking.
Beautiful.
Funny staff. Even the owner hung out with us.
Delicious food. Bleu classic chicken and prawns were my fave.
I really loved this resort in Siargao Island.
Looking forward to visit this resort again and again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
0.5 km away
Kawayan Siargao Resort
Kawayan Siargao Resort
#3 of 6 in General Luna

Been to Siargao Bleu Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!