bedfinder
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsone nightbloody marywall hangingscockleswarm welcomeantique furnitureb bsstayed two nightsfresh fruittwo night stayevening mealanniecharacterhostsrestorationquirksbeams
Reviewed 11 November 2016

We stayed one night with Anne and John in their amazing house and will definitely return. The eclectic mix of furniture adds to the great character and history of this amazing house - and its owners. Lovely welcome, great conversation in front of a roaring fire, wonderful breakfast. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Stayed two nights in the very ideosyncratic B&B that Annie and John have created in Wales' oldest house. They provided magnificent hospitality, good conversation, a fully-equipped comfortable bedroom, an eclectically-furnished lounge, and magnificent breakfasts with cockles. Strongly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Just back from a memorable stay at this extraordinary house, rich in history and charm with owners offering a warmth and welcome second to none. Dinner was a delight of an incredible five beautifully presented courses prepared by Annie and served with humour and grace (!) by John. Breakfast was equally satisfying with enormous choices. A truly unforgettable time, one I hope to repeat in the future.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Second year for me to stay at this wonderfully quirky place. Annie and John welcomed us into their home and made us feel at home. The house is like stepping back in time but with some modern comforts. Well worth navigating the track up through the fields

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This was my second stay in this fantastic b&b and I feel privileged to have experienced it.

Annie and John really make you feel like guests in their home, which you actually are when you stay here.

Their home is in a stunning location and has been maintained and furnished with a passion that is evident as soon as you step inside.

Annie and John are fantastic hosts and a lovely couple. If you choose to stay here ask them to share the history of the house - it's fascinating!

I've noticed a couple of reviews that mention a rough track to the property - I'd like to correct that. The journey to the property adds to its charm. Yes you travel through two small fields which necessitates the opening of three gates, but the track is perfectly fine. I have a new car and I wasn't at all concerned, as I knew what to expect based on my previous visit.

I would also recommend dining during your stay, just give Annie notice - fine dining lovingly prepared which would easily compete with the best restaurants.

This property is unique and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business