“Lovely appartment”
other travellers have booked this property
bedroom bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
view north from balcony
a view from garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jill B
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Stunning Location; disappointing accommodation”
Reviewed 4 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I enjoyed a reasonably comfortable stay at Stoney Gill A. First let me outline the good points: The view and location – stunning, amazing. The Newlands Valley is truly beautiful and this apartment is well placed for Keswick, the Whinlatter Pass, Buttermere, Cat Bells, Causey Pike, well, too many places to mention them all. The apartment was plenty warm enough, but when I was there in early October it was unseasonably warm. Saying that I think it would have been quite warm enough in much colder weather. It was fairly well equipped in the kitchen with good crockery and cutlery. The cooker and hob were excellent, there is a fridge and washing machine/drier. There was easy access to a shared freezer. Storage space in the kitchen and bedroom is excellent; the bedroom has plenty of hangers, hanging space and drawers. The Wi-Fi was intermittent but the signal is shared so at times a bit slow, but – hey – you’ve got Wi-Fi. David, the owner, was helpful and on hand if needed. Superficially this is an excellent apartment. However, there are some not-so-good points and in my opinion it is not very clean. The bathroom sink was clean in the bowl, but the underside of the sink had obviously not been cleaned for some time. There were dried soap suds left on the towel rail. The kitchen washing up bowl was clean inside the bowl but the underside was quite greasy and needed a good clean. Some of the kitchen pans were not clean. The pillows smelled very greasy and in my opinion needed replacing. There was no under pillow-slip. The bed is huge, but for my taste not at all comfortable being far too soft. The duvet was extremely heavy and I found this disturbed my sleep. An absolutely stunning location with easy access to many lovely parts of the Lake District but the lack of cleanliness means I would not return or recommend.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
7 Nov 2017
I am pleased that you enjoyed your comfortable stay in our beautiful valley.
I am disappointed that although we spoke many times during your stay you felt that you couldn't say anything that would allow me the chance to rectify any problems you were experiencing. I cannot comment on your remarks about the sink or washing up bowl etc as it is weeks since you stayed but I am obviously sorry if there were slip-ups during the changeover clean.. however, I do take issue with your opinion on the pillows; they were new, they all have a tightly zipped protective inners and that they and the pillow cases were freshly laundered and ironed (I did it myself).
I have worked hard over the last 14 years to create in StoneyGill a warm comfortable place for visitors; to the extent that of the 35 bookings I have had in 2017 fully 30 have been returning visitors and want to assure any potential new visitors that I will re-double efforts to make sure that the apartment is perfect for your stay.
Maria P
“Lovely appartment”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The location was superb and the views of the appartment was the same... The appartment was cozy and confortable.. David was very helpful..!!! The only disadvantage was the shower, the water was running slowly..

Management Response
31 Aug 2017
Maria! - why didn't you tell me about the shower ... I could have been even more helpful and fixed it .... it's sorted now
Andy B
“4th year running”
Reviewed 18 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The title says it all.
So impressed with this place, we just keep coming back.
Views from every window are incredible. The apartment has everything you need for a great stay.
Looking forward to staying again already

Andy B
“Mr”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Our second visit, but this time staying in stoneygill B. After being so impressed with 'A' we were looking forward to staying next door.
It was just as good if not better than last year.
The view is simply breathtaking from all windows with the highlight being cat bells.
Everything is in easy reach whilst enjoying perfect peace.
The apartment is very well equipped which has everything you need from maps and a well equipped kitchen to a library of films.
The owner has a brilliant manner. Where he is ready on hand for help and advice on local walks but never ever intrusive.
What an amazing place to stay. We don't feel the need to look anywhere else and we are already looking at dates for next year.

ray b
“" Lazing in the Lakes"”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

I meant to write this review as soon as we returned home, however, looking after our daughter's dog while she moves and a few other unexpected events intruded !
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at StoneyGill A, the cottage was ideal for two- it is lovingly looked after by David, who is an attentive and hospitable owner and host.
The views from the balcony are simply beautiful, and it is blessed by the early morning sun which still reaches it until the mid afternoon in early May.
David is a keen gardener and there is a delightful garden which is for the use of any of the visitors to David's properties. This has the added bonus of being in the sun until the evening.
Normally we do lots of walking in the Lakes, but the weather was so good, the location was so relaxing that we didn't do much more than sit , sip wine and just soak up the ravishing coutryside.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lazing in the early morning sunshine
Liked least: Having to go back home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing