“Had to check off this South-Western Ontario icon”
Review of Alberts Fries

Alberts Fries
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Point Edward
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Like many other reviewers, I heard a lot about getting fries under the bridge when in Sarnia/Point Edward, ON. So, we added a trip to Original Albert's to our itinerary when in the area for a baseball tourney.

The location is indeed quaint. See the photos that show that the location is indeed pretty much directly under the Blue Water Bridge linking Canada and the USA. Certainly you can sit at the shoreline directly under the bridge but we elected to cross the street and sit a picnic table in the Point Edward Waterfront Park (again, see photos).

The fries themselves were fresh cut and hot and we elected to share a family box rather than get individual orders. The fries were good but I should have gotten my own as the fries would have been even better with a bit more Salt and some Vinegar.

I think I'll do just that the next time I'm traveling to the USA via Sarnia or otherwise in the area. Maybe I'll try Suzy's Ice Creamporium that shares the premises too.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We were told we had to try fries under the bridge when passing through, so we stopped for lunch. The fries were fresh and really good. However, the poutine was disappointing - the gravy tasted like it was straight from a powdered package and there were no cheese curds, just grated white cheese. But, the worst was the burgers - they were bordering on inedible. It is hard to explain, but the meat was grey and the texture was rubbery and the flavor was almost like boiled meat. We all tried to eat a couple bites since we were hungry and hate wasting, but none of us could get through much. What a huge waste of money. We should have paid attention to all the people around us who only were eating fries and realized that's all we should order here. We wouldn't stop again if were in the area. It was cash or debit only. No American credit or debit cards accepted.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

If you want bridge fries with salt and vinagar, this place is the place to go. We also love their battered mushrooms. However, stay away from the poutine. When I ordered it they had grated white cheese. Proper poutine has cheese curds. It was highly disappointing.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I’m originally from Montreal, and was expecting much more from all of the positive reviews. I was quite disappointed as the poutine had no flavour and lacked both sauce & cheese. The establishment was quite busy the day my son and I ate there, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was just an off day. I may try it again, but honestly
, it wasn’t very good in my books.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Simply the best food ever I love it i come with my mom takes me sometimes and the service is really good

Date of visit: April 2018