“A lot of upside potential”

The Watermark Village Bistro
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Point Edward
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: A restaurant/pub opened in June 2010. Great pizzas, home-made burgers and french fries, pickeral salad is great too.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

This bistro has a lot of potential. The stuffed portobello mushrooms stands alone as an outstanding dish. The spicy shrimp was a bit over cooked and the white wine garlic mussels could have had more sauce in bowl. But the menu has a lot of upside and the service was first class. The location is also great. I will try it again next time I am back in Sarnia/Point Edward. The desert menu could use some variety (ie nothing available the night we attended). I like good restaurant so again I think there is a real opportunity for this Bistro to grow into a great place!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Good prices for Splashy Hour. Martini was made to my liking. Got the bruschetta for an appetizer, it was pretty good. However the feta cheese used does not seem of great quality, it is not salty or something. And the bread it is put on is very sweet. Bruschetta is supposed to be savoury. The toppings all fall off as soon as you pick it up. Food was average. Service was good. Will try it out again but will maybe have something else on the menu.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I haven't had their food, but I've heard good things. They have a daily "Splashy Hour" though which offers great drink specials. Tiny place in Point Edward with friendly service! Highly recommend if you're looking for a spot to grab a drink or two with friends.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Katelyn W
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a Lunch with Family visiting from out of town. We choose Watermark because we had always pleasant experiences with food and service. Today however, the burger came charred to a crisp. Not sure why anyone with any amount of passion to food would serve this to any customer. Cleary whoever was working in the kitchen did not give a sh*** and is working in the wrong industry. Our table of four was the only table in the restaurant with another customer sitting at the bar, so really there is no excuse to be made for any of this. The waitress seemed uninterested and did more studying at the bar instead of paying attention to her customers. The amount of carelessness is staggering and we will not be returning after this great experience.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank lala l
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We went for an early supper and found this gem. The menu offered good choices and lots of unique creations. My companion ordered the Big Tex and we were astonished at the portion presented... HUGE. I ordered the daily pasta special and again was served a generous portion of linguini, in a cream sauce with bacon, grape tomatoes, basil and topped with a grilled and sliced chicken breast. The chicken breast was rubbery (perhaps microwaved and then grilled? I'm not sure... ) but the rest of the dish was packed with flavour and a delight.

Date of visit: August 2017