“Fantastic food lovely setting”
Review of Loch & Quay

Loch & Quay
Price range: US$7 - US$60
Description: Unrivalled riverside views and the warmest of welcomes... you'll find these and so much more at the Loch & Quay restaurant and bar. We're at Woolverstone Marina & Lodge Park just outside Ipswich. Open every day for delicious food and drinks and we offer a takeaway service too.
Reviewed 15 June 2021

We have visited the restaurant on several occasions whilst friends have their boat visiting the marina.
Service is always great the staff arealways friendly and the food is always enjoyable .
The Cromer crab linguine and the pizzas are always excellent.
It also in a lovely setting with great views of the river Orwell.
We will be visiting again.

Duane off of Carrabella.

Date of visit: June 2021
The Loch & Quay Woolverstone, Owner at Loch & Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Thank you for your kind words... we hope you'll visit again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 15 June 2021

I took my girlfriend and my family here, the welcome was incredible with staff rushing to our service, drinks were served in very good time with a good range of drinks available.
Food was then cooked in good time and was incredible, unmatchable portion sizes and absolutely outstanding quality, will most definitely recommend this to other people.
Some lovely photos were taken with an incredible setting, the staff working here are very fortunate for such a lovely venue and boss.

Date of visit: June 2021

Thank you for your kind words... we're delighted you had a good time here and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2021

First time of coming to this lovely restaurant with a gorgeous backdrop and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The staff were very friendly and great with our children. The food was very good and I'd highly recommend the crab linguine. To top it off the bill was very reasonable. Will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: June 2021

Thank you for your kind words... we hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2021

Great location and terrace overlooking the marina a d the river. Good service and lunchtime choice of food, Makes a great stop at the end of a circular walk. We’ll be back.

Date of visit: June 2021
The Loch & Quay Woolverstone, Owner at Loch & Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Thank you for your kind comments... we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2021

I like many have willingly supported this restaurant during the lock downs. The staff have worked so hard and provided an excellent service against all odds, and the food has been superb, and delivered locally efficiently and with a smile. But oh dear this week things seem to have slid down Hill.. I booked on Wednesday,for supper. The wait was long, the waiting staff ( who I had not seen before) were off hand, unprofessional and seemingly unsupervised. I was even corrected with my pronunciation of a certain fashionable grain! Today I rang and asked to book to book a table and was told they weren’t encouraging bookings because of lack of staff! When I offered to come and collect itv the attitude was off hand and “ take it or leave it”. I left it. I find this is so sad,as the locals have willed this owner to succeed, I personally have sung praises far and wide. The venue is amazing and the need there. Sorry to do this and hope that it is seen positively.

Date of visit: June 2021
The Loch & Quay Woolverstone, Owner at Loch & Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2021

Thank you for your feedback... we are very sorry to hear that our service and staff have fallen short of your expectations and will be doing all we can to rectify this. As a start, we are closing for two days this week so that we can complete some refurbishment works and give our team time to rest; we hope that next time you visit you will find things much improved.

Been to Loch & Quay? Share your experiences!