“Good food and service”
Review of Surfers

Surfers
Reserve with
Surfers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 148 Restaurants in Visby
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

A nice place with good food, worth a visit! Me and my wife really enjoyed our dinner there. We had a lamb that really melted in our mouth :).

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

If you're a foodie, you'll probably love this place. Rumor has it that the staff visit China every year to research and experience West China cuisine. The regularly updated menu features some of the most creative Szechuan-based "tapas," and then some more. Way more! Each dish is an art in itself and easy to combine with all the others. The batter-fried aubergine (eggplant) was by far the most interesting I've had in my life: crispy, "chips" that crumble and melt in your mouth, exploding with tastes. The ribs were great, although a tad too sweet. The duck thighs (could afford to be a bit more smoky tasting) were pulled, spiced and served on endive leaf trays. The shrimp balls were as crispy as Dutch bitterballens, but meaty (Wow! Did I detect pickled cabbage from Canton?) and fried to a perfect "juicy dryness," ready to absorb just the right amount of sauce - made of bullion soy, low-acidity vinegar, sesame oils and strained peppers. The wine list was suitably adapted to the food and the servers knew how to serve it right.

Two criticisms: the ox tongue resembled bone-hard salami slices buried in a one-dimensional salt sauce. The point of the beans was lost on me. The shells were thick and inedible, the flavoring was on the outside and was supposed to blend as you bit into each pod and sifted the peas out with your teeth. But the peas were too dry and the flavors weren't rewarding enough for the effort required. Apart from that everything else we had was so good it did not detract from the overall experience.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

The only thing that bothers me with this restaurant is it's name: Why Surfers? The food is excellent, especially the vegetable dumplings, the ribbs and the chicken dishes. Try also their beautifully served (and nice) cocktails. Service is also pleasant!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I went here with my expectations a but high as people had said it was a good place. I was disappointed though. For being a Sichuan restaurant I didn't get the food experience of being in China. We got a pre set tasting menu with dishes that the staff/kitchen had chose for us and it was okay but not something I will remember. The staff was nice and I appreciated that they presented the food when serving it.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

What a great restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff were great. We would definitely return. I would recommend booking in advance.