“More refined dining - not one for the kids...”
Review of Chi Restaurant

Chi Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Kenton
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Chi is a very nice restaurant, well decorated and lit and very tasteful offering a more upmarket Chinese menu, rather than the traditional, appealing more to the fine diner.

The waiting staff were very efficient and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome, satisfied and comfortable.

The wine list is very good with some good selections and varieties and the food menu, being more as to what I would refer to as catering to the “English” Chinese diner, rather than the traditional, was priced accordingly. The menu is not overly large but they offer daily specials and the food is of excellent quality, very well prepared and presented and overall very good with the duck and pancakes going to the top of my list as probably one of the best duck and pancakes I had ever ordered.

The mains were also very good, the lemon chicken exceptional and a must try. The Singapore noodle sides amazing and although my first serving of egg fried rice was “gloopy” they had no hesitation in replacing it and bringing me a new bowl of rice that was very, very good indeed.

The dessert choices were a bit boring and I would have preferred a lighter more adventurous selection and although the toffee apple toffee was great the apple was slightly harder and crunchier than I would have liked it in the centre.

I don't think this is a restaurant I would visit for a family meal as although high chairs were available iChi presents itself as offering a quiet, formal dining experience and I am not convinced that a couple of young diners (of the more noisy persuasion) would fit in.

Overall Chi offers a very good and reasonably priced meal and I would recommend you give Chi a visit and should we be staying at Chi B&B in the future we will definitely be dining out there during that visit.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 September 2015

My husband and I have visited Chi several times. We brought friends with us this time. They had the same impression of our favorite restaurant as we do - absolutely fantastic. Sui, the owner, greeted us as usual as old friends coming again to dine.

The food is faultless. They are happy to alter the spiciness per personal taste and it is always delicious and perfectly prepared. The atmosphere, as always, warm and inviting. And the final bill does not break the bank.

I feel I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but you can not go wrong with this lovely restaurant. If my husband wouldn't question why I had stopped cooking, I would eat there every evening.

Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

This resturant has been visited by my husband and I many times since it opened. The ambiance is lovely. My husband has entertained work colleagues there and we have taken family and friends there as well. The food is not only interesting in variety but so tasty and the staff are very understanding and helpful if any of your party has special dietary needs.
The staff are always well turned out and friendly. We recommend Chi to anyone who would like a good night out with friends or just a romantic meal for two.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

The Chi restaurant is fabulous. Ambience, decor, service and food all excellent and cannot be faulted. It was very disappointing therefore to go and order a takeaway which was so disappointing. It came in a Mei Lei/Chi bag and was as inedible as the Mei Lei takeaway we had previously had. How can the food that is so poor come from the same kitchen as the excellent food in the restaurant? It would do well to disassociate itself from Mei Lei and do their own takeaway which we would use regularly.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

This is well worth visiting. It has plenty of parking at the back and the walk through their water garden is lovely. Very pleasant waitresses and a nice calm atmosphere. The food was good quality . They had a separate full fish menu too.