All reviews shuttle buses south korea great facilities the grill hotel is perfect food options rooms are modern hotel is located twin room ski slopes room service casino land winter receptionist minibar movie
Reviewed 25 March 2018

The hotel is located at the High 1 Resort but you will have to take a shuttle bus to the ski houses. They run frequently and are on time so there is no inconvenience at all. The shuttle buses also bring you into town where there are more food options especially for dinner.

On my last night there, I left my pair of gloves on one of the shuttle buses. I went to the reception desk at Kangwonland Hotel to inquire if there is a lost and found for items left on the shuttle buses. Was expecting a binary answer and hoping to be directed to the lost and found counter if there were one. It sounded to me like there wasn't one so I thought I had seen the last of my gloves. The receptionist on duty however, took down my room number and told me they would call me shortly.

And they did. Turns out the hotel had sent word to the bus team and the staff had either gone on the buses to look for my gloves or asked the drivers if they had picked the same up. The gloves were recovered and delivered to my room an hour later.

They went the extra mile in locating my gloves when they really didn't have to and I think that kind of service is hard to come by. Wonderful and highly commendable.

And breakfast at The Grill is really good too.

Oh, if you can't sleep on a hard surface, maybe don't go for the korean rooms. Those come with a tatami type of mattress which means you are kind of sleeping on the floor. But it's really an experience in itself so try it if you can!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The basic twin room is called a superior room and I can't argue, it had everything including a separate freestanding bath. Floor to ceiling glass overlooking the snow covered landscape. Modern electronics with all charging cables including USB3, wifi did not require a password and worked everywhere including buildings on the ski slopes.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is the main attraction in the district because it is one of the couple of casinos legalized in South Korea. All the rooms are modern and well-equipped with the locally manufactured appliances. There are all the additional conveniences available at the 5* hotel, but need to be paid for; the prices are relatively low. There is always a free shuttle bus going to Gohan/Sabuk and other resort destinations every 15 to 30 minutes.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Excelent Hotel in here.
Good room
Good wifi
Good bathroom and comfortable in here.

Twin room and good view at South Korea.

Heater Ok in this room.
Kangwon Land Hotel excellent Hotel in Korea.

Minibar oke jn thid room. Coffee an teabar ok yummy.
Good Hotel in here.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

As soon as we arrive the hotel, we booked the room. We stayed 1 night after playing the games at the Casino.
We choose twin room.
The size of the room is larger than normal. All accessaries, facilities and supplies were good enough.
The room lighting sys is an old style, but still working good.
The floor lamp needs more brighter.
There was no ceiling fan.
The common area of whole hotel needs renovation, especially the carpets of the corridor.

In the morning, we had a breakfast at The Grill.
When I saw the price, I thought its a little higher than other hotels to pay for the breakfast.
However, some items were added uniquely something like miso soup with veggie.
And, I think the coffees are the best taste compare to anywhere in Korea. It was very good.

I'll come back again later.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple