“Original cabins 5 mins from the lake”
Review of Shore Acres Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Bear Lake
Shore Acres Lodge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 25 June 2017

My boyfriend and I are fans of the authentic look of an old cabin and were delighted with the cabin we stayed in, which sleeps 2 in the bedroom and also had a charming sitting area with fireplace, a pretty and useful kitchen and a small but adequate bathroom with shower. We appreciated the old photos and other touches from earlier times. There are many cabins to choose from, some directly fronting the lake.
The property has its own dock and a swimming pool among other amenities. The site managers were very friendly and helpful. Discount vouchers are offered for use at two different nearby marina locations to rent boats or other recreational equipment. You bring your own food as there is no restaurant on the premises but several nearby. This was a quiet and restful place to stay. We had to deduct one point for the fact that the bed we slept in was not entirely level. We were told this problem is being addressed but this did not happen during our 2-night stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2016

My husband and I spent the weekend with our two dogs, my daughter and husband and 4 kids ages 1-7. We had a great time!! The dogs went to their usual swimming area on the lake, the adults and kids enjoyed the swings, pool, horseshoes, and ping pong. My husband and I have been coming to the Shore Acres for over ten years. It is rustic, but so cute with knotty pine and cute little kitchens. The new managers Susie and Rick are really doing a great job keeping up the lodge and grounds, and take a lot of pride in their work. They both are really helpful and are a neat couple!! We rented two cabins, my husband and I stayed in Little Pines, and my daughter and her family stayed in the Sunset. I always like the vibe of this place, people staying at lodge are chill, and dogs are welcome!! There are tables outside to have lunch and dinner and outside barbecues for each cabin. Reasonably priced for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Little Pines and Sunset are the cutest cabins in my opinion.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We've been guests of Shore Acres for a couple of decades now and I believe the same couch and chair are in the Sunrise cabin as 20 years ago. There are so few "affordable" lakefront places to stay in Big Bear, at $500 a night Shore Acres is a bargain believe it or not.
But please Big Bear Vacations - update these old girls! Keep the lovely old knotty pine and the funky old art work - but how about some new furniture every 10 years or so???
As always, the cabin was clean, the towels were fresh and the view was amazing. The 1960's fiberglass hot tub is always has a cool factor - but for those of us that would like to take a dip after dinner, stay open later than 7pm at least on weekends!
We'll be back. We always are. Surprise us with some upgrades!

Room Tip: Sunrise cabin is lakefront with a wonderful deck.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AtDogBeach
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Lakefront cabins are clean and have kitchens stocked with all you need to make a home cooked meal. You can catch your dinner on the lake, which is a minute's walk from your doorstep, and bbq in the picnic area. The pool is perfect for the whole family. The people at Big Bear Vacations are really helpful and the onsite managers are friendly and go out of their way to take care of you. Can't wait to go back next month.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Came here with a group of 16 adults for a co-ed bachelor/bachelorette party, and this place was perfect! Small 1-2 bedroom cabins but perfect size, and some were right on the lake! I know there are a lot of bad reviews but they are OLD - the new owner/management have totally updated the place and they are completely clean with excellent quality linens, towels, and amenities. Onsite management couldn't have been nicer and took great care of us. Everyone who came thought this would be a perfect spot to come back to year after year. We used all of the amenities - boat dock, volleyball, horse shoes, pink pong, pool/spa and all were great! Loved it here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1.5 km away
Robinhood Resort
Robinhood Resort
#5 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Shore Acres Lodge? Share your experiences!