See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Lakefront cabins are clean and have kitchens stocked with all you need to make a home cooked meal. You can catch your dinner on the lake, which is a minute's walk from your doorstep, and bbq in the picnic area. The pool is perfect for the whole family. The people at Big Bear Vacations are really helpful and the onsite managers are friendly and go out of their way to take care of you. Can't wait to go back next month.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Came here with a group of 16 adults for a co-ed bachelor/bachelorette party, and this place was perfect! Small 1-2 bedroom cabins but perfect size, and some were right on the lake! I know there are a lot of bad reviews but they are OLD - the new owner/management have totally updated the place and they are completely clean with excellent quality linens, towels, and amenities. Onsite management couldn't have been nicer and took great care of us. Everyone who came thought this would be a perfect spot to come back to year after year. We used all of the amenities - boat dock, volleyball, horse shoes, pink pong, pool/spa and all were great! Loved it here!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Came across an awesome deal on Groupon and booked a weekend stay at Shore Acres Lodge (Cabin Lakeview #109). My family and I have been to Big Bear Lake a couple times, and each time we have stayed in different areas around the lake. I think we finally found a place that we would actually book again! The cabin was very clean, cozy, and had all the basic amenities needed for our stay (e.g. towels, dish soap, etc). They also have onsight trash bins which was a big help so we wouldn't have to schlep trash bags down the road. The best part of our trip? The awesome view of the lake, which was literally 20-30 steps from the cabin! I would highly recommend this place for a nice little getaway! We will be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anita S
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My review is not intended to be malicious, but I think you should know what you are in store for if you get Cabin #100 at this location. The cabin is very rustic, and while it has charm there were several drawbacks: MOUSE DROPPINGS in dishes, moldy shower curtain, trash in room from previous guests, toilet wobbling and detaching from floor, clogged shower drain (the staff was very prompt to remove, but proceeded to parade the hair and other bodily fluids that were stuck in front of us, the guests, through the bedroom dripping not the floor, out to the deck), TV/Cable was not functioning properly, chipped flooring (major tripping hazard), doors that did not lock, no front entry as it was through the back gate that was propped up with a 2X4, stove had to be lit with a match eat time (which we were not provided with), dirty walls, doors were filthy, pool table had debris all over it, couch looked like someone peed on it, bathroom fans not working and only the kitchen window opened, where we looked out on to some trash left on the overhang (laziness), the floor was disgusting, wiped up a spill and towel was black with dirt, overused bedding, the list goes on…BRING YOUR OWN COOKING EQUIPMENT and PAPER TOWELS, SOAP, etc. We also had some nice visits while sitting in the rec room, when some MICE RAN ACROSS THE FLOOR (we are in the woods, I know there are rodents, but these suckers were brave). The pool can be used by any other guests staying at Big Bear vacations, which equals a dirty and often crowded pool. The staff though, was attentive, friendly and seemed to do the best they could. This was a family excursion my Dad planned for their 40th wedding anniversary and I can say the accommodations were not up to par. Not certain how much was paid per night, but it should have been the cost of a tent site, not a cabin. We made the best of it and still had a great time, despite the accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Alyson F
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Shore Acres Lodge was disgusting. The cabin was filthy. Here is a quick list of my complaints:
Windows stuck shut
water heater blew up in two cabins
paint peeling
only two burners worked
shower door broken
bathroom window propped open with an empty bottle
old, dusty furniture and couches
smelled gross
had volleyball net, but no ball
ping pong table, but no ping pong
our water heater burst and the lights started flickering constantly, so not only did we sit around waiting for someone to clean up the water damage, but then we sat around waiting for the electrician to show up. We lost half of the day.
These problems were not only in our cabin, but in my parents' and my sister's and someone else's cabin. This was supposed to be a fun family vacation, but my father was so upset about what a dump it was, that he had to take a Valium because he was so upset.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family