See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This place should be shut down. We were out there for a tournament with about 40 people in our group. Each room had its own problems, but they were all disgusting. Our room was located across the street from the main site, the person running the desk didn't even bother to tell us that there was even rooms across the road, let alone that that's where ours was located.

One of the families received a room where you could wipe the dust off the beds. The chairs, the tv, the kitchen, and everything else was covered in a layer of black residue. Not to mention the full on infestation of bugs underneath the bedspread. When they went to speak to management, the man told them that no one had stayed in that room for 2-3 years, and that they hadn't had time to clean it.

The entire place looked like it was falling apart. The walls were filthy, the carpet was black, the window didn't open, the fan wouldn't turn on, and the sheets were dirty. But, like the other reviews say, there was a letter from management saying they were undergoing renovations, and to please excuse the dust. However, I didn't see a single thing being worked on while I was there, and if the note was dated February 2011, then someone is ripping them off. Like I said, this place should be shut down.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This place is way outdated (1970's)! The room we stayed in (#111) was filthy. The carpet looked like someone changed the oil on their Harley-Davidson on it. There were spiders and spider webs throughout. There were holes in the wall and on the floor of the bathroom. There was no air conditioning, we slept with the door and windows open to cool the room overnight. The "free breakfast" consisted of cookies and watered down coffee. The only positive things to say about this place is it's in a good location within walking distance of "The Village" and the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The-NV-Reeds
Reviewed 28 May 2012

First I want to Thank Harvey at the front desk for his understanding...You deserve better than this place..
Expedia says this place in 2 star...Price Line says 1....I say 0 and the Health Dept. needs to come out and shut this place down.
I am happy to say Expedia is giving our money back and we didn't have to stay...Pictures to follow.

Room Tip: No Elevator, Pool or Lounge/Bar
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandymccluskey1953
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our room was right next to the back lot and you could hear everything! The whole place was just creepy. The bed was rock hard, so uncomfortable after a day on the slopes. The blankets were disgusting! Holes in them, and they smelled gross. The heater kept making loud weird noises all night, but at least it worked. The only plus side, was that it was close enough to other places, mountains, bars, and restaurants. Never staying here again. It is worth paying an extra $20 a night to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Greetings, just stayed at the Knights Inn Big Bear. My first and last time! I understood that Wyndham took over this property. I read that they were going through renovations. Here is the latest on the renovations, Nothing! The room had a piece of paper from management stating that they were going through renovations, dated Feb 2011. The room had no iron, no coffee pot, no blow dryer, pretty common items for a room. The carpet is old worn and stained, the room has not working heating system. The phone in the room does not work, the walls have patches that were repaired and not painted, the furniture looks like it is from the 60's. . I did not see any sign of renovating whatsoever. My advice is find another location in Big Bear and pay a few extra bucks.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple