All reviewsbig bearbalcony overlooking the poolwithin walking distancebit datedon site restaurantshops and restaurantsgas fireplacevillage arearustic feelcoffee makergrouponjacuzzilodgeslopessnowwintermicrowave
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We were visiting friends in Big Bear and booked a "Spa Suite" here at the Lodge. We we arrived (early) not only were we accommodated, but we were informed we had been given an "upgrade" to the "Executive Suite. This room was fabulous and huge... large sitting room with wet bar, balcony, jacuzzi tub, two bathrooms, vaulted ceiling, big comfortable king bed, safe, two flat screens, two fridges and microwaves and more. We had a friend over for drinks and appreciated the living room, and I loved the jacuzzi. We slept like logs in the comfy king bed and enjoyed coffee in the a.m. from the wetbar's Keruig machine. Easy walk to the Village! Excellent stay and we will return if ever here overnight again!! Thank you!

Room Tip: rooms on the third floor with balcony over-looking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snooksinKC
Dennis M, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

There were roughly 100 of us women on motorcycles at this event event we call Ride California. Our coordinator-Cynthia was extremely accomodating to all of our requests. The parking allotted to us, the banquet food, the staff that helped us all the way around from helping us set up for the event to assisting with the movement of water, hands down this was the absolute best team! I recommend this venue to anyone who’s visiting the area. I doubt you’ll be disappointed. I will be recommending this lodge to all of my friends and family!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dennis M, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the "Newly Renovated" Holiday Inn Resort in Big Bear Lake. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to see to it that we "exceed our guests expectations" during their stay, and it appears that we accomplished our goal during your stay. We look forward to a return visit with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Cute, older property with very woodsy look. I would recommend against staying on the 4th floor, however. These are attic rooms, with very high windows, low ceiling, and very tight fit. did have gas fireplace.Has only 1 elevator. However, the room had all the amenities (Fridge with freezer, micro, coffee maker), and the service was good. We liked the bar and restaurant on the property. Cute little village is walkable.

Room Tip: avoid 4th floor rooms if you are a large/tall person
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Dennis M, General Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed at the Lodge a little less than two years ago and we really enjoyed our stay, and I wrote a great review here on Tripadvisor. This time, our visit was a little different: beginning with check-in.

We had a few days to fill after a conference in San Diego and before flying out of LAX and we decided we’d wait and see how the weather was. It had snowed over the weekend and with my husband being an avid snowboarder, Big Bear it was. We phoned the hotel and whoever we spoke to then was quite nice, saying it was a beautiful day in Big Bear and chains were required in some places but that the roads weren’t treacherous.

We arrived about 3:30pm and we not welcomed warmly. I’d intended to book our room on the drive but the data was patchy so I just left it. We were *reprimanded* for not having booked… but the hotel seemed half-full at best. I requested a room that’s a few types up from the standard (read: we wanted to spend MORE money, and received a sigh in response.)

The room was okay, not dirty as such but grimier than last time. The hallways had not been recently vacuumed and there were little bits of dust, wrappers, etc dotted around.
There are awful disposable coffee cups in the room, and plastic cups in place of glasses. C’mon, that’s so much waste!

There were 4 coat hangers in the wardrobe and when I called to ask if we could have a few extra I was informed that the hotel does not have any more coathangers. At all.

Then, the restaurant had closed by 8pm that night; I have not idea if that’s standard or not but I think it’d be worth mentioning at check-in!

After all this, we climbed into bed that night and the fitted sheet popped off the bed on both sides! We think it was perhaps sized for a Queen and stretched over time, eventually making it’s way to that King. While I’m discussing the bed, all the pillowcases were marked firm or soft but the pillows inside were all soft.

Upon checkout, we waited 20 minutes for front desk staff, but none arrived. The staff all seem stretched too thin and so, not approachable and basically, not a really terrible experience but we’ll be unlikely to return for a third time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Travis J, Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my family really enjoyed our stay here. Room was clean and spacious. Really close to the village which offers a lot of restaurants and small shops. I will definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: January 2018
Travis J, Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent stay at our property. We always appreciate candid comments, especially from TripAdvisor members, as it is the most accurate measurement of our success at providing the best services and products to our most valued guests.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed our location, accommodation and services during your visit. Please continuously return to us for your next accommodation and we would continuously welcome you with our best hospitality.

Thank you for choosing The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort.