“Probably best Indian food in Big Bear”

Masala Craft Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 74 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Indian cuisine is my favorite so I have gone to many restaurants over the years. This one is not special. I think it is overpriced and the waiter was at best indifferent to our group ... not at all friendly. For $12 I got a bowl of curry with a few pieces of cheese in it. No rice. Had to order naan and pay extra.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by the ambiance and broad selection of typical indian dishes. We will go there again when in town

Reviewed 18 October 2017

You go to Big Bear for fishing or skiing or hiking, not for high cuisine - especially Indian Cuisine. So discovering a gem like the appropriately-name Masala Craft is an unexpected dividend,
It is a tiny place almost hidden among other shops on the main street of the tourist Village, with walls covered with beautiful authentic Indian art, the first hint that an authentic Indian meal awaits.
We went for lunch, which offered nice combos at less cost than the full menu, which was also available. The Chana Chat appetizer of chickpeas mixed with tamarind, yogurt was a perfect start, followed by two"lunch specials" - Lamb Pasanda and Chicken Tikka Masala - both to die for, with fresh-baked naan, and sides of lentils, rice, vegetables and salad. The only problem was finding space for it all, because it was all too good to leave on the plate!

1  Thank _jackn_phyls
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My favorite dishes are the chicken tikka masala and tandoori chicken. Atmosphere is average, but the food is excellent.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Visited Big Bear with friends in early August. My roommate had been looking forward to the Chicken Tikka Masala for ages, and hyping it up along the way. I was a bit skeptical, but she was spot on. It was THE BEST, and I highly recommend it! If the rest of the food is as good as that, you can't go wrong.