ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
1,080 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2019 via mobile

Staff 5/5, hotel 4.5/5, food 5/5, entertainment 3/5

Overall relaxing break in lovely hotel.
Shame the new part is not as classic as the old. Grounds very nice. The restaurant room was a bit lacking character/atmosphere otherwise food excellent. We dined out most nights at hotel recommended places all very good.
User the surprisingly large hot and bubbles pool and not he summer pool although invitingly quiet.
Easy trips out to Lucca and piza.
Entertainment was amusing withe the wrong notes played but nonetheless entertaining.
You must have a front room. The rear ones have no view although all very nice.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GrottaGiusti, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2019

Dear tonydX1941TU
thank you for sharing with us and the tourism community your impressions about Grotta Giusti.
All my team is very happy that you find our food excellent and ground very nice.
We are working hard everyday to give to you and all our guest the maximum satisfaction.
We hope to see you again and very soon, and to see all the progress we did.
All the best
Filippo Felloni
Grotta Giusti

Reviewed 21 June 2019 via mobile

We had 4 days at the grotto Giusti. The hotel is very elegant with beautiful decor. The spa therapist were all professional people and treatments not over priced. Beds comfortable with lovely linens. The restaurant was quite large and a little impersonal although the staff were lovely and welcoming. Breakfast was faultless everything catered for.
I would definitely come here again.
The thermal swimming pool is open to the public for a fee between 10 - 6 pm. but residents are in a semi private area. There is also a fresh water pool just for hotel guests. The pool bar serves a good selection of healthy snacks and a daily pasta dish.
I really enjoyed my stay here.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 6 June 2019

We spent a night here after reading a lot about thermal spas all over Tuscany, but the cave experience is really what intrigued us the most. Our room came with half-off the Grotto, so my wife and I gleefully scheduled a time slot, followed by a couples massage. First of all, it should be noted that the spa and the hotel feel a little like two totally different sides of the same building. I even got incredibly lost trying to make my way back to my room.

We started in the thermal pool outside, which was fairly empty. It felt a little like a big outdoor hotel pool, except people were just sort of soaking instead of swimming. The water was warm, but not hot like a hot tub. Nice, but nothing especially "luxurious" if that's what you're looking for.

When it came time for our cave visit, we stopped at a small locker area where we changed into a basic gown type thing, not wearing anything underneath. We were told we had 1 hour. Then, we walked downward, through a doorway, into the caves, which are basically divided into three sections: a cool area, a mild area, and a hot area. We walked all the way to the back, to the hottest zone, were a few people here and there languished on recliners in silence. My wife and I did the same, and found the experience to be surprisingly relaxing -- unlike a sauna or steam room, we weren't "enduring" the heat, but rather entranced by it. Things remained silent for the most part, until an older group got up to leave and spend a good while chatting loudly in Italian with total disregard. Wish the rule about silence was reiterated to guests before they entered. After our hour was up, we went back upstairs, got our clothes from the locker, and were guided to an area to shower. We read some reviews that mentioned getting hosed down naked by staff members, but this didn't happen at all to us -- we had or own private rooms. Maybe the policy changed, so fear not about having to be naked in front of anyone throughout this experience. Overall, truly unique and I'm glad we did it -- although not sure I'd have been quite as excited had we payed full price.

Our couples massage was really nice as well, although it's a "relaxation massage" -- don't expect them to work out any muscle issues, but instead basically rub your body with oil for the duration. We had to wear tiny little paper thongs (nothing else), so like most massages, you'll need be comfortable with that. Both our massage therapists were women, very polite, spoke little english. Definitely very very relaxed afterward, as advertised.

Overall, the hotel itself was just fine. It seems to me that the cave/spa is what makes the place really special, and I think it's worth a visit for sure if you're willing to spend a little money for a full day of treatments/pool time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2019 via mobile

Three of us from the U.S. found our two-night stay at Grotta Giusti to be a relaxing highlight during our trip to Italy. It was a perfect way to slow down amidst a multiple city visit. We enjoyed facials, massages, time in the thermal pool and the hot steam in the cave. There is a fun, brisk morning hike through the property past rock climbing and par course area. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is welcoming and the restaurant serves a delicious traditional Tuscan Ribollita soup.

Trip type: Travelled with family
GrottaGiusti, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2019

Dear SFnative19,
first of all thank you for spending your time to write down your opinion of Grotta Giusti and let me tell you that me and all my staf are very happy to have met your needs.
Our traditional Tuscan gastronomy is the way to open gate to embrace the satisfaction of our guest followed by the cuddle with our SPA treatments as you confirm! Thanks again, all my staff appreciated very much your satisfaction and we are waiting for you soon to reconfirm all this!
Filippo Felloni
Grotta Giusti

Reviewed 10 May 2019 via mobile

We booked this through Secret Escapes during out touring holiday in Tuscany for an overnight stay. We arrived and were warmly greeted and taken to our room, 102. Unfortunately considering it was supposed to be a superior room was next to the lift and the bedroom was fairly small with a view of a stone wall! I wonder if that was because we had it had it at a reduced rate and even checked we had been given the correct room.

However we enjoyed using the thermal pool which was included in the package and paid the additional fee to use the thermal Grotto for 50 minutes which was a unique experience.

We booked dinner in the restaurant in the evening and really enjoyed our meal. First class service, excellent food and good wine - what more can you ask for!

Breakfast was ok and in summary apart from the room a nice stay.

1  Thank Victoria996