2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$250
Hotels.comUS$250
Orbitz.comUS$250
eDreamsUS$249
TravelocityUS$250
Trip.comUS$334
1,080 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2019

It's really hard to rate this hotel.
On one side, the actual hotel, with rooms, restaurant and common rooms is a very solid four star hotel, with friendly and kind members of staff, a good restaurant, nice rooms (though the bathrooms are a bit dated) and amazingly beautiful common rooms.
On the other side, there is the spa, which has got significant potential, but it is VERY tired and in desperate need of a major refurbishment. It is a real pity as the Grotta Giusti, an underground hot cave with a natural lake, is a really unique experience and the 750 sqm. pool is really enormous. Unfortunately the tiling, the flooring, the connecting corridors, the marquises and the building at the back of the pool are really on their last leg and need to be done up soon.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Batmarcus
GrottaGiusti, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2019

Dear Batmarcus,
first of all thank you to write something about Grotta Giusti, we are very happy that you'd appreciate our staff, restaurant and Common Rooms.
We are working on to give to Grotta Giusti a new SPA very soon and I will very proud to see you again and show you everything as you suggest.

Filippo Felloni
Grotta Giusti

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Had the worst foot reflexology today. Thought it will be best to mention it to the spa reception. She ( dark haired with short ponytail with glasses, around 5:55 pm 13/08/2018) had the audacity to tell me that I do not know what a foot reflexology is. Is she for real?? Coming from a client who is staying at the hotel and no this is not my first foot reflexology.
Also a NOTE: to the hotel management, I would like to mention a) I had a brightening facial treatment b) an Ayurvedic massage PLUS my parter had a c)physiotherapeutic massage; they were all excellent and a big thank you.
It’s pretty disgusting the way the receptionist acknowledge my feedback. For the management acknowledging this we are in room 254.

My apologies for the subject heading but I think it’s sadly necessary for the management and for specially for your staff who thinks that there is no room for improvement or simply does not care about client feedback.

*It takes one bad egg to ruin all heard work.

I would like to say thank you to the front desk staff , bellboy and restaurant staff. Great service !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank singi69
Reviewed 11 July 2018

First of all ... I can’t say enough about how beautiful the property was!! Everything and every way was amazing!! The rooms were spacious and held the wonderful history of this great Palace a great bathroom with an enormous vanity .The drive in was gorgeous and the view from our room offered a picturesque view of all the park.
My wife and I had a magical two night stay at thre Grotta Giusti .From the way we were welcomed upon arrival to the way we were bid farewell was perfect. Breakfasts were great and so were the staff. We also had an amazing cocktail reception at the pool bar which was quite a thrill. What a fabulous venue for an event. Dinner was also outstanding, as was the service. This was not my first stay at the Grotta giusti and it wont be my last. cause , it is truly was one of the most beautiful places on earth. I wish all the best to all the team that was amazing and outstanding . A compliment and applause should be made to the Hotel General Manager director who masterfully manages this structure in a symphonic and harmonious way. Great job well done. and thank you for everything.

Room tip: The rooms facing the garden are absolutely amazing
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vensimarco
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The property is beautiful and there was one Kind staff person and I do not speak Italian and their English is limited.

It is a great place for older Russians to sit in the thermal pool and jacuzzi and visit with their grand kids. I had to wait an hour just to try the jacuzzi since many guests just stay on and do not move. It is a “fend for yourself” vibe.

The positive is that they have everything written in russian, italian and english, which they do not speak well, but Perfect decoration for work conference for like accountants, as long as they do not add up the costs.

Overall it is wildly overpriced for lousy food and unclean.

Lastly, be careful. If you want internet service, you agree to sign up for their taking your data from Twitter, Facebook and even have you sign a printed contract. )This was the first and only piece of paper handed to me, instead of a brochure or tour of the property. While you can opt out on the printed contract, their is no opt out online, so your call.

Customer service overestimated their English. When I asked for a wake up call, help understanding the light switch card system, opening the window or the spa thermal baths (which are just a jacuzzi and pool), I was dismissed.

It is also unclean and not eco or wellness friendly— Styrofoam cups for tea, no soap in the spa bathroom or showers— bare bones. They do offer basic airport type food.

For a “four star hotel,” I was brushed off when I asked three different staff to assist with the light switch system. You can see photo for stairs to their “health treatments.”

When I kindly voiced my concerns, they blew me off. I grew so frustrated by my fifth attempt, I burst into tears. The manager said they accommodated me buy taking off the cost of water I had ordered at dinner off my bill and allowing me to stay past. He refused to acknowledge how I missed the entire grotto experience to being able to open my window or even share or show what is included in my package.

There are soooo many better spas, hotels, and you deserve to be treated kindly and with respect.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
General M, Direttore generale at Grotta Giusti, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for being our guest during your recent escape to Tuscany and for acknowledging our property.

Unfortunately we are not responsible for the education of the other guests but I'm so sorry you didn't have the chance to experience properly the beauty of our thermal pool.

In regards with your consideration about the wi fi, usually guests can login with the free wi-fi in some different ways: via social media login or via email, in alternative at the check-in we have also an alpha numeric password if you prefere to do not share your personal data with us, so is not mandatory to give us your personal data.

In regards with your consideration about the restaurant, usually our guests are always happy about our food quality and the breakfast has every day a great, tasty and ample variety selection of fresh bread, tuscan cheese, salami and much more. We never served airport type food .

I would like to say that we work hard to make our guests' experience at Grotta Giusti a memorable one so I remain available to discuss any of your concerns if you wish to contact me directly.
My email is filippo.felloni@grottagiustispa.com I hope to have you and your family as our valuable Guests in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Filippo Felloni
Grotta Giusti

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

And that’s exactly what it felt to me.
When I choose to pay for a 4 stars hotel I do expect some things and I give them for granted.
For example: when I arrive at the reception and ask for the hotel manager, I expect to meet him and don’t stand the receptionist to answer with an ‘I don’t know where is he’.
When I ask for some details about the hotel, I expect these to be given.
When I check in at around 6 pm and there is a swimming pool, I do expect to use it. I won’t say during night time but at least until 11pm or something.
When I know am arriving late and I call the reception to advise and asking about the dinner time and the chance to have the dinner served in the room, I expect the hotel to accomplish my requests as I am paying for 1 night around 400€.
The answer to even this question has been: no, you can’t have the dinner served in your room. You can only get cold dishes then.
And when u think it cannot be worst, just wait until the day after for the receptionist to change and u know what u get?
I knew I had to check out within 11am or something.
So when I woke up I closed all the luggages and advised the reception they could have free the room even before the time since I was going to g to the SPA ( let’s talk within a minute about this) so I would have collected everything once I finished and would have get the bill.
The receptionist came to call me at the swimming pool telling me I had to pay ( as if I was not going to).
He came and said this in a loud voice and everyone around turned heads looking at me as I couldn’t afford to stay there.
I was really disappointed about every minute I spent there.
When went to the SPA I was waiting for like 30 minutes because no one was at the desk: they were all on break together: good idea!
The reason why I went to this hotel was to check the service and structure because I was going to send there some Celeb to spend a weekend there.
THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPENED. NOT NOW, NOR NEVER.
When I checked out I asked once again to be contacted by the Hotel Manager: no one ever got back to me.
So, if you, Mr Hotel Manager are reading, get in touch with me: I will give you a own advise on how to train your employees.
To me it’s NEVER AGAIN.
And be sure I will do all my best to have the other know what a fake 4-wannabe-stars hotel you are.

Date of stay: June 2018